Author Topic: why can't you buy them on the official site?  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
why can't you buy them on the official site?
« on: March 29, 2015, 19:02:34 »
It's just struck me how weird it is that you can't buy Fi?gures from the playmobil site, even though they are listed as a play world:

http://www.playmobil.us/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Link-Category?cgid=Themenwelten

Sigh. Oh you Gnomes of Zirndorf and your cryptic ways.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: why can't you buy them on the official site?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 19:47:06 »
Then they might get... <GASP>... MONEY :o

The HORROR.  :0

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 20:16:02 »
Could it be that customers would not want to buy randomly?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 21:44:38 »
I love your sense of humour  :lol:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 23:31:21 »
Could it be that customers would not want to buy randomly?

True but either a) let grownups buy what they want. We are not in this for the secret surprise, or b) let us buy them randomly.

I know I am wasting my time thinking about this.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 23:59:10 »
True but either a) let grownups buy what they want. We are not in this for the secret surprise, or b) let us buy them randomly.

I know I am wasting my time thinking about this.

I like option A, could you imagine though the problem with that.....the divers would be warehouse stricken while the highlander would be sold out in minutes

I liked the specials packaged idea better. I like to know what I am buying and dragging my second born around to grope foil bags is a waste of both our time.

The Specials boxing also let's geobra know what customers are buying in simple terms. I challenge them to produce a Greek god Special and see how it sells.

We do have the Specials + now but those are $2 more and when you buy in large quantities it adds up faster than I can disassemble a fat klicky.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 04:03:14 »
I challenge them to produce a Greek god Special

Oh my goodness yes! That Neptune looking Fi?ure was a good start. They need the whole series though.

Really I think art/historical/mythological is a niche they could really own. L*go has drunk the licensing koolaid leaving the market wide open for more serious types of toys. Romans/Egyptians/Vikings were a good start.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 15:46:19 »
Well if they sell some figures in great amounts they'd know what they should develop more of! And surely they can estimate a little which figures would be most popular.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 16:25:54 »
Well if they sell some figures in great amounts they'd know what they should develop more of! And surely they can estimate a little which figures would be most popular.

I agree. :yup: This notion of buying something sight unseen in the hopes that you will get a specific figure is unfathomable to me.   ::)

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 12:44:43 »
Ugh fell for it again.. everytime I decide to stop buying figures in stores, but whenever I see the newest available I want to give it a try.

I'm just terrible at feeling them up, I ended up with the ghost and the painter, pretty much the most useless ones of the batch. Well the painter probably not if I collected modern but that ghost may be one of the most useless figures released so far and I didnt even feel that blasted cover.  :wall:

Tends to be a repeating cycle though.. set comes out, I buy a few.. usually I get one I like and mostly ones I dont, and then I resort to getting the ones I really want online.  :(