Author Topic: 5537+5538 Figures 7  (Read 13038 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5537+5538 Figures 7
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2014, 17:04:54 »
Remember I have such views for everything through series 6 at Animobil. Series 7 will be added when I have them in hand, though Tahra has done a great job of showing them here.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 16:57:29 »
So, the kept ones - if not here, were either parts, or not kept... Had to decide to NOT keep them all. Specials and football is enough for that, me thinks.

Boys

Golden King - different arms and cuffs, and no swordbelt or the sword-that-does-not-fit... We liked him better like this.
Cook - the klicky was simplified, and became a doctor.
Skater - diaper HAD to go. I like him a lot.

Clown - different arms and hair..
Astronaut - just lost the watch.
Gangster - became a business man. The lack of lapels is a bit disturbing, but the beard helps.. We have none in black.

Robin Hood - replaced the dagger loop with a brown one
Diver - just got the astronaut's watch ;)
Sea Man - different cuffs and "hat". What a waste :hissyfit:

Girls

Golden Queen - about original, just changed the feet (for high heels), since they can't be seen
Hippie - After a lot of trials, we gave up. And since we'd like to keep one of those ugly shoes.. There. Just changed the hair.
Purple Fairy - no longer. Predictably, she became romanish, with one of those big hairdos.

Rider - original (I shouldn't keep her (I believe we have too many already), but I like her :-[ )
Cowgirl - original :love:
Bali Woman - original, with a male friend. We wanted to do that as soon as we saw the skirt for the first time :)  My sister had the idea to use that head (from the snake charmer)

Nun - original, minus book (even knowing, I can't picture her with a red book). Tuck already offered her a mug, which means she was accepted in their order ;)
Geologist - minus jacket (it doesn't work), and allows a bit of variety with her male counterpart (different arms)

Jogger - my sister's take with that torso
Woman With Puppy - original - she likes her with those pants.
Ice Cream Vendor - original - though we might try something else. That skirt is more of a belt, and looks just.. wrong.  Fine for a dancer or gymnast, a tennis player, a slave, or a.. "saloon lady".. not for your everyday thing.

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 19:01:18 »
Very nice. Love the Bali couple.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 19:19:14 »
Good to see those detailed pictures of these figures.... I still detest the fact I can't see what I'm buying, but there are some nice klickys here which are "wants".

Your customs are better though  :glasses:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 21:51:42 »
I see I'm not the only one who thought the Bali skirt would look great on a guy. :lol: Where did you find the matching hair band?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2014, 07:29:24 »
I see I'm not the only one who thought the Bali skirt would look great on a guy. :lol:

Great minds think alike, right?  ;D

Where did you find the matching hair band?

On the "hair bands/small crowns bag".  :-[

Sorry ;)  I THINK it was part of one of those "elvish" like greenish knights.. I ordered several as parts, cause they are very useful... and playmobil insists on that color.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2014, 08:40:35 »
Great minds think alike, right?  ;D
And I already have a torso for him - just need to decide on hair and accessories.

On the "hair bands/small crowns bag".  :-[

Sorry ;)  I THINK it was part of one of those "elvish" like greenish knights.. I ordered several as parts, cause they are very useful... and playmobil insists on that color.
Lol, it's no big deal. If I can't find it, I'm sure I can find something else that will work.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 08:46:24 »
And I already have a torso for him - just need to decide on hair and accessories.
Lol, it's no big deal. If I can't find it, I'm sure I can find something else that will work.

:picsplz:

Or you can use a non-hat hair..

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 08:52:48 »
:picsplz:

Or you can use a non-hat hair..

The problem is I don't know when I'll get the figures. If I join the US co-op again, they may come after I leave for France. If I don't, it may be difficult to get all the ones I want.  :-\

I do think I want something on his head. I'm googling for traditional Bali costumes now, and it seems like a lot of them have headwear.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:30 »
Oh hey, that's where the torso from your aztec lady came from: it's the bali woman from Figures 7!

Thank you for all of these pictures and explanations. I like the changes you guys made  :)

@ Ismene: if you're planning on doing some Playmobil fairs in France or near the French border when you're there, then I wouldn't worry about not finding all the Figures you want. At those fairs, the Figures are for sale seperately, out of their bags, for a few euro's.
That's how I always get the Figures I like.