Author Topic: 5537+5538 Figures 7  (Read 13038 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5537+5538 Figures 7
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 18:59:47 »
The Robin Hood totally reminds me of the Errol Flynn version

Me too.. except.. no facial hair!

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 21:27:52 »
Thanks for the review a lot to comment on this time round. First off the girls I think the girl with the hippy top has a great vivid design not sure about the matching skirt though, the Blai woman also as a very beautiful dress, also that Cowboy is great I'm not often tempted towards the girls but, this one is very well deisgned and equiped great colours.

I understand what you're saying with the Diver and the Roman should have new figures and original concepts but, on the other side of that there is one advantage that for people like me who didn't get a chance to get them in the original sets then it's a good opporuntity to get the figures cheaply, a diver would be a great addition for me consdering my love of water, although personally I do thing the Roman would look good with a cloak and I agree that ordinary soldiers would be good perhaps in a differnt uinform froma different regiment if you know I mean. The cameraman and the King look better in the flesh although I still don't think I'll be tempted equally I saw a photo of Robin Hood before and it put me off but, your photos are making me reconsider again, not keen on the knife being hung of that holster think it would look better in a belt or round the back and perosnally I think bare arms would have looked better still personal opinion and that torso print is rather nice whne not covered up.

What you said about the Merman having legs not a tail didn't particularly cross my mind until you mentioned it I guess it is a shame but, I'm planning to customise him into a green hero type figure. Clowns aren't normally my think but, there's something about this one with the painted face and the hai plus that lovely birght torso very much remidns me of the bright illustrations you sometimes see on circus signs and the like, the accessories and hat also appeal although the big pants aren't great.           

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:55 »
I understand what you're saying with the Diver and the Roman should have new figures and original concepts but, (...)

No, I have no problem with having a diver and a roman (especially the roman!), my problem is being the same klickys. A diver? Fine. But please a different one. And the roman, at least a soldier, not MORE officers. And repeat parts at that :(

Worse, there is a new special+ that's a diver. And the roman's cousin is still available on DS.

What you said about the Merman having legs not a tail didn't particularly cross my mind until you mentioned (...)

We started cursing when we first saw him announced, and can't stop. Made a lot worse by the fact that the color is REALLY great for a merman/mermaid... I mean really. AND not blue or pink = 99.999999% of mertails.  :hissyfit:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:51 »
The gangster and geologist and, maybe, the ice cream girl interest me, but only if I can get them by trades.

Maybe the gangster is a Beatles fan, hence the lack of the lapels and collar on his suit.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 17:39:47 »
Not a fan of the king and queen at all myself.. Short sleeves look rather weird on a king.. the gold pants don't help either and the purple bits on the torso seem out of place. Especially the queen seems very bleh to me though, with the pink and gold.. the blonde hair doesnt help with it either.

While the roman is nice, why didnt they give him a shield and cape? he looks unfinished.. I really like those roman capes and this could have been a chance to add one in a new color and add a new shield design as well. That alone could have made the figure worth while.

Personly I quite like that the neptune figure does not have a fish tail since thats so very limiting. As he is he can be used as some sort of forest spirit when given different accesoires.

Agreed about the belt on the robin hood figure.. a shame since furthermore he looks nice. The only figure I'd probably may want to get but since I cant use any of the others its not worth the effort to try and feel him through the bag.

Mobster seems very inappropriate indeed.

Of the girls, the nun seems useable. her headgear is very useable for peasant women.

Though of the entire batch I'd say the cowgirl and the geologist are the very best simply because women are put in more action oriented roles here, but also because these clickies seem very well designed. If I collected cowboys I'd certainly want to have that one.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 21:01:20 »
No, I have no problem with having a diver and a roman (especially the roman!), my problem is being the same klickys. A diver? Fine. But please a different one. And the roman, at least a soldier, not MORE officers. And repeat parts at that :(

Yeah totally agree with you and with what Rhalis is saying about the Roman my first thought was cape but, just wepaons in gneeral would be great just to finish him, I almost had the same problem with the Police S.W.A.T. style guy in one of the previous series but, the I saw the virtually identical figure in the bigger set and I thought well I'm only going to want to buy one or the other so may a swell spend a bit more and get more for my money. Variaiton would be really good unfortunately Playmobil doess seem to like to go for the easy option and stick with the same old I mean why bother thinking up something new when you can just reuse and repackage something old maybe make a few little tweaks to interest people it;ll sell     

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 22:21:58 »
Thank you so much for this great review. So informative and fun to read!

I agree the Woman with puppy looks like someone. The only one I could think of is Strawberry Shortcake. But it isn't a real spitting image.

I really love the cowgirl and the Balinese lady. The snake is gorgeous and thanks to it's shape easy to find!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 02:39:31 »
Ah, you always get some great extra pieces, tahra! I look forward to seeing the details. ;)

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a healthy supply of extras. One day when I've collected enough of the extra pieces I will put them together to see what I cons up with.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 06:14:21 »
I especially liked those 'exploded' views you shared...I've often wondered what is under their neck covers or skirts(don't get me wrong, boys and girls!)...thanks once again, Tahra!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 08:27:34 »
Not a fan of the king and queen at all myself.. Short sleeves look rather weird on a king.. the gold pants don't help either and the purple bits on the torso seem out of place. Especially the queen seems very bleh to me though, with the pink and gold.. the blonde hair doesnt help with it either.

Really? Both among my favorites - though I'm not sure about his arms either - I mean, they're GREAT (duh, roman!), but not sure if for HIM.

While the roman is nice, why didnt they give him a shield and cape? he looks unfinished.. I really like those roman capes and this could have been a chance to add one in a new color and add a new shield design as well. That alone could have made the figure worth while.

RED roman capes. Out of stock AFAIK :(  How is that even POSSIBLE!?

Personly I quite like that the neptune figure does not have a fish tail since thats so very limiting. As he is he can be used as some sort of forest spirit when given different accesoires.

I've never liked bare feet. Still don't. And we have more than enough :(  And the color... SOOOO GORGEOUS and perfect. Then... meh.  :wall:   The biggest disappointment.

I agree the Woman with puppy looks like someone. The only one I could think of is Strawberry Shortcake. But it isn't a real spitting image.

Uhm.. not very familiar with her.. From googled pics, there is some resemblance, but like you said... not completely. But I'm still convinced the figure is meant to be someone...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a healthy supply of extras. One day when I've collected enough of the extra pieces I will put them together to see what I cons up with.

Well, some are GREAT, others are a bit... like a bunch of left OR right spurs last time.. And half a suitcase this time..  Still, as long as there are no missing parts, right? ;)

I especially liked those 'exploded' views you shared...I've often wondered what is under their neck covers or skirts(don't get me wrong, boys and girls!)...thanks once again, Tahra!

I aim to please  :P

I know I playmoblab a lot, but I do try to put things that I would be interested in..  If anyone is looking for any particular info/pics not provided, let me know, BEFORE I put everything away. After that it could take a while.  :-[

(I always wonder what's under their skirts too!)