Author Topic: New Internal Skeleton  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
New Internal Skeleton
« on: October 05, 2014, 16:53:42 »
HI all, not sure what else to call this part, but it's the internal clip piece that holds the Klicky together. I noticed when unbagging the Series 7 Figures that there was a new type. It was in the mafioso guy - who has the fat klicky body type. I believe it also was in at least one other one but not for any reason I could see particularly. In the image shown here the new one is a darker grey plastic on the left in all three views. I suppose it's possible this variation was already out there but I hadn't noticed it until the plastic color changed. I have a bag of extra clips that goes back a while and I don't see any in this style in the lighter grey.
I suppose it may be an update of the clip for use in all klickies eventually, or it may just be for certain ones.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: New Internal Skeleton
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:38:08 »
I hadn't noticed this Tim.  :)
From the design and use points of view the changes don't seem substantial.  :hmm:
Maybe the new one is slightly thinner? if so, in high quantities they would be saving plastic, but not  a lot....

I don't understand yet the reasons for this change. This is the kind of thing I like to investigate...  ;D
I'll check mine...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:46:41 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 14:05:14 »
Tim,
Looking at your pics the two clips remind me of the normal (white) ones for male and female figure.
For the skirts the inlet clip has to be narrower on the top (like your one on the right). For other figures the left one is used.

Cheers,
HDL

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 14:30:29 »
And I thought Geobra made a logical move to use "female" skeletons for both males n females
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 23:14:00 by cheng »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 19:23:48 »
Female frames do not fit fat guys. They are also a tight fit for roman legs...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 20:29:04 »
They are also a tight fit for roman legs...

I got a few of the series 7 figures today, and the Roman had this new skeleton. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 15:24:54 »
Here's what I've found about these clips. It's all speculation, based on the German name of the part, and its "proximity" to others numerically.

Three in total: here they are: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/textsearch.pl?sortby=description&page=1&text=torso\%2C+inner+support+part\%2C+for+mystery+fi\%3Fures&lang=en&pics=on

The first one, 30 23 2912, has a number in sequence with others that fit 5203 and 5204, Series 1. I'm assuming this is the normal clip that's used for most Fi?ures.

The second, 30 24 8382, has the same German name, therefore is the same mould but could be a different colour. It was released near parts from Series 3 Boys, so I think it's the clear one that belongs to the Robot. I've assigned it to the set, but not as subpart of the figure, yet.

The third, 30 24 8382, has a different German name - "Innenteil-dickb.Mont." - that suggests "thickness", and was released near parts from Series 3 Girls, so I assigned it as a subpart of the pregnant woman. Tim's photo from her, is what I used for the part page. It would make sense that the Mafioso in 7, being fat, would have one. Tim's photo of the Kareteka in Series 6 shows it as well. Fi?ures with Roman legs (I call them "split skirts") are the Roman in 7, the gladiator in 6, the samurai in 5, and the Roman in 4; Tim's photos show the original clip for the samurai, but the "thick" one for the other three.

Clearer or less so?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 15:31:33 »
Here's what I've found about these clips. It's all speculation, based on the German name of the part, and its "proximity" to others numerically.

Three in total: here they are: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/textsearch.pl?sortby=description&page=1&text=torso\%2C+inner+support+part\%2C+for+mystery+fi\%3Fures&lang=en&pics=on

The first one, 30 23 2912, has a number in sequence with others that fit 5203 and 5204, Series 1. I'm assuming this is the normal clip that's used for most Fi?ures.

The second, 30 24 8382, has the same German name, therefore is the same mould but could be a different colour. It was released near parts from Series 3 Boys, so I think it's the clear one that belongs to the Robot. I've assigned it to the set, but not as subpart of the figure, yet.

The third, 30 24 8382, has a different German name - "Innenteil-dickb.Mont." - that suggests "thickness", and was released near parts from Series 3 Girls, so I assigned it as a subpart of the pregnant woman. Tim's photo from her, is what I used for the part page. It would make sense that the Mafioso in 7, being fat, would have one. Tim's photo of the Kareteka in Series 6 shows it as well. Fi?ures with Roman legs (I call them "split skirts") are the Roman in 7, the gladiator in 6, the samurai in 5, and the Roman in 4; Tim's photos show the original clip for the samurai, but the "thick" one for the other three.

Clearer or less so?

Spot on, I think!!!  :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 15:51:56 »
Tim's photos show the original clip for the samurai, but the "thick" one for the other three.

Makes sense - the samurai doesn't have roman legs... Has shorts with plain shoes - but these aren't bigger in front like the roman ones.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 15:59:39 »
Makes sense - the samurai doesn't have roman legs... Has shorts with plain shoes - but these aren't bigger in front like the roman ones.

This samurai, I mean.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 16:44:35 by sbblabotw »
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!