Author Topic: Mystery Series 4 figures on sale in UK  (Read 4039 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Mystery Series 4 figures on sale in UK
« on: February 21, 2013, 11:46:28 »
My local toyshop (Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK) now has series 4 figures on sale at £1.99. They kindly let me order a box of each, which I collected today, so I will have some spares to offer for sale to other PF members soon (at cost). Watch this space!

Graham
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Mystery Series 4 figures on sale in UK
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:12:11 »
(Clearly not a popular thread, but I don't mind talking to myself  ;))
Having now opened all 96 packs, I was very pleased to find 4 of every figure except the king (I got 8 "mad scientists" instead  :-\, at least it wasn't extras of that awful rapper guy). Quite a few extra bits too, mainly cuffs.
I have emailed DS in UK to request four packets of the missing king- lets see what they say!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 14:42:56 »
I think that the lack of availability of this series might explain the silence around this thread  ;D

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 14:52:44 »
I am interested but I am in the US and the additional shipping costs kind of are the joy kill.

I think though the store you bought it from should be the one saying "he kindly came in and ordered a box of each"  ;)

Good luck with the king and I would be very curious to see the results
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 17:08:28 »
Our local toy shop got them about 2 weeks ago but I only bought 3 as I was looking for extras from some of the other series at the time and couldn't afford more.
However, they still have loads of each of the other 3 series left - I'm beginning to think that I am the person who buys them!  :lol:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 20:39:06 »
Bluming heck wasn't expecting we'd get them that quick, I think the Toysrus near us didn't get Series 3 in all that long ago so might still be a bit of a wait here  :-\ ah well gives me time to save up  ;D ;)

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 00:41:36 »
I just saw ToysRUs here (Canada) has the Series 3 male figures (and still some Series 2 male), but only the Series 2 female figures.  2 full boxes of the latter, by the way, so based on shelf space they won't be putting the Series 3 females out till they sell off at least a box of the Series 2 ones.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:22:57 »
Does DS let you order mystery figures?

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:20:51 »
Does DS let you order mystery figures?
good question Ismene!
I have always thought that's not possible for any DS....am I mistaken?

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 14:43:13 »
Received the Wizard, Roman, mad scientist, blue alien and rapper in the mail yesterday.
Great looking series!

I put a regular face on my wizard as I'm not a big fan of those painted eyes.
The rapper will join my roster of characters in my agent universe.