Author Topic: SpeedybenPlaymo's Collection  (Read 16315 times)

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
Re: SpeedybenPlaymo's Collection
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 09:53:05 »
Welcome Ben! I was in Roeselare last Sunday and saw your diorama, it was the first time I saw the Novelmore castles in real life, I have to say they are much bigger then I expected! Now I'm curious of your whole collection, over 2500 klickies... That's a lot! But I guess since you're collecting knights, you'll have many duplicates?

I didn't know they sell the legs, arms and torsos separately now as well... That must be a recent change?

Yes I do have many duplicates for my Novelmore, griffon knights, fleur-de-lis, skeleton and orcs army.
I will post more pictures of my collection in the net days/weeks  :lol:
~Playmobil Collector and Diorama Artist~

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 10:27:23 »
I still hope that Playmobil  :playmo: will release some Novelmore citizens as duopack or special plus or Playmobil plus set :klickygrin:
And I hope that there will be a Novelmore mystery boxes series 2! Hopefully with citizens, skeletons, Violet Vale, Novelmore and Burnham Raiders characters! Like Scribbles and Sir William Keene.

My Burnham Raiders castle is too small for all of the knights...
So, here is the biggest part of the figures
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:44:10 by Speedyben »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 02:08:19 »
I assume you noticed that the Novelmore Advent Calendar for this year has castle wall parts in it? It's a bigger and more expensive one because of that but useful if you have that castle series. I got the Lava large castle but haven't gotten the main Novelmore one.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 08:20:18 »
Thanks for the pics!

I love the look of the dark Novelmore castle, but will not get it, since it's system WHY (wallet rejoices). It looks beautiful though.

And I also love the klickys, generally (except the "gear" thing printed all over them) - gorgeous colors.

Looking forward to more pics!

I did a different skeleton army with a couple of surprise skulls and some extra parts...

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 09:50:41 »
I love the look of the dark Novelmore castle, but will not get it, since it's system WHY (wallet rejoices). It looks beautiful though.

As far as I know the Novelmore castles are system X (at least the main walls)... So your wallet might reconsider it...

Here's the manual: http://playmobil.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/70220_buildinginstruction
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2021, 10:16:43 »
As far as I know the Novelmore castles are system X (at least the main walls)... So your wallet might reconsider it...

No, the recent castles (since the first ones, and even those...) have system X bits, but are ,imo, basically system WHY, since they aren't really versatile. I hate those stupid walls - with the battlements included to me they are basically useless, since there's nothing else you can do with them :(

The large dark tower is especially gorgeous... but system WHY...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 17:43:24 »
If I am correct, "System WHY" is not a term used by Geobra, but invented by Collectors (tahra, probably!), in parody of 'System X,' as a protest about building parts which can only be combined with parts from the same set, so there is little or no scope for creating your own buildings with them. They are sometimes joined with yellow and red connectors, as in System X buildings.

For anyone unfamiliar with English, the letter Y is pronounced the same as the word 'why,' so it's a clever parody! Why not produce more versatile pieces?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 19:26:48 »
If I am correct, "System WHY" is not a term used by Geobra, but invented by Collectors (tahra, probably!),

I am 99% almost sure it wasn't me!  :-[

But very fitting :(

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 12:58:46 »
My newest buys of Ayuma. The big tree is really really awesome. I watch the series every week and it is nice to recognise the sets in my collection!
I will post the coming days more pictures of my diorama's at home ;D

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 13:06:27 by Speedyben »

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2021, 13:09:36 »
Here is the battle of the Land of Honey:

And the king's Castle: