Author Topic: Happy St Patrick's Day  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Happy St Patrick's Day
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 22:25:40 »
Which makes me think, on the topic of "more cultural sets", they could do holiday sets for all holidays. Christmas is pretty much a lock at this point, why not expand it? and since every country has its own unique holidays, that could mean more localization (and more pain for many wallets)  :playmo:

I think that would only work for large countries. I can not imagine local cultural figures from e.g. Luxemburg (or even Belgium) to reach the by Geobra desired (worldwide) sales. For the current trend of limited or special figures, I assume they will stick to historical /cultural figures which are well known worldwide, and 'more local' historical /cultural figures which have a large enough domestic sales-prospect (like the German ones).

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Happy St Patrick's Day
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 01:53:29 »
Well they came out with a couple different Zwarte Piet sets, Netherlands is, what, 20 million? So that would be the lower bound as far as country size. Other holiday traditions cover many countries, as the perennial Christmas theme shows. Easter, New Years, Midsummer - there are a few more holidays that would have broad appeal.

The museum sets are as I understand being driven entirely by museums, so as long as PM makes a little dough on it they'll do even obscure figures like Kneipp. They haven't done any for non-German museums apart from the Rijksmuseum, but maybe they just haven't been asked yet.

I think the possibilities are almost endless.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: