General > Report & Review

Playmobil 70348 zoo viewing platform

(1/6) > >>

Eplay:
I bought 4 boxes of the 70348 zoo viewing platform set in a sale. I was really excited about it because I have plans to make a big asian zoo. I initially bought the 4852 Asian zoo set for the beatiful torii gate, but now I really like the set as a whole: the bamboo fences, the dark grey rocks and fences and the animals of course. The set and the animal enclosures are only a bit small for my taste, so I’m planning an upgrade.

With the 70348 zoo viewing platform set I was excited because the fences have that Asian vibe and at all the pictures they look white which would match beautifully with the Asian zoo. But apparently they are not white, but light grey  :o

For all the sets of this zoo serie I already didn’t understand why the rocks of the support pillars are a dark grey, but the rocks with the grass and water are a light grey. But apparently they have added an lighter light grey to the set in the form of the platform fences.  ???

It looks like they have changed the rock colours to one colour in the limited edition zoo sets 71190, 71191 and 71292. But I’m still a bit disappointed with my not so white fences (the new bright yellow ones don’t look better).

I’m thinking about painting the fences white, but I don’t think the result is going to look pretty as the material is a bit flexible. Does anyone have experience in this?

GrahamB:
Given how intricate those fences are, painting them might be a challenge! I would suggest using a spray paint, sparingly, perhaps letting the paint dry after the first spray, building up coverage in stages. It's a good idea to apply a plastic primer coat first, but in this case that might make the paint layer too thick. Perhaps experiment on one piece and if it's not successful, you could replace that piece with a part from DS (Playmobil Plus, spare parts service) and put up with the light grey colour.

tahra:
I bought several of those as parts - cheaper than the set. Rocks I have.

It is a prime example of the lengths they go to to make things NOT work - the measurements are all off. :(  Still.. they are BEAUTIFUL, and (if I live long enough) they will make a gorgeous path.. somewhere.

Eplay:
Thanks Graham, I think I will try it on one when I find some good paint. For now I’m hoping geobra will release a future set with white fences. (Yes I’m very hopeful, just like I’m hoping that they will produce the building, bridge and pavilion of the new ayuma set 71030 in the same red and white as the asian zoo :-[ )

--- Quote from: tahra on August 29, 2022, 09:23:25 ---I bought several of those as parts - cheaper than the set. Rocks I have.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking about that too, but I found the set on sale really cheap

--- Quote from: tahra on August 29, 2022, 09:23:25 ---Still.. they are BEAUTIFUL, and (if I live long enough) they will make a gorgeous path.. somewhere.

--- End quote ---

I want to order 2 of the stairs from the children’s zoo to see if I can combine them and make a lower path.

playmovictorian:
This is a lovely set  :love:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version