Creative > Story-Telling

Delta Queen - the Mississippi steamboat (Stopmotion)

<< < (3/5) > >>

Macruran:
Can't decide if I'm more impressed by cinemano's genius-level filmmaking, or his getting a hold of the prototype steamboat! Incredible work both ways!

One teensy carp though. This shot is anachronistic:

The green-red Portuguese flag was not adopted until 1911, long after the steamboat era on the mighty Mississip!  ;D

tahra:

--- Quote from: Macruran on April 21, 2020, 02:56:33 ---The green-red Portuguese flag was not adopted until 1911, long after the steamboat era on the mighty Mississip!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Well.... I liked seeing it  ;D

StJohn:

--- Quote from: Macruran on April 21, 2020, 02:56:33 ---prototype steamboat!

--- End quote ---

But is it? I've never seen it, only know of the tale that such a vessel was under design but got pulled. Is this what it was supposed to become? Or is this what cinemano thought it might have looked like? At least, that's what he implies:

--- Quote from: cinemano on April 18, 2020, 09:20:41 ---It took me about 2 months to make the boat and the movie, but I think it's worth it.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Either way, absolutely beautiful. Many thanks for enriching the world with your work, cinemano!

Best wishes
StJohn

PMatt:

--- Quote from: StJohn on April 21, 2020, 08:41:59 ---But is it? I've never seen it, only know of the tale that such a vessel was under design but got pulled.

--- End quote ---

A prototype was made, you can see it in this video! https://youtu.be/1dfU6WEBbO0?t=972 At any rate, I have no clue as to the origin of Cinemano's steamboat, and really I can't even tell what would be more impressing: him building such a faithful replica of the original, or him managing to acquire the only existing prototype of a never-released product.

StJohn:

--- Quote from: PlaymoCollector on April 21, 2020, 09:25:56 ---A prototype was made, you can see it in this video!

--- End quote ---

That's amazing! Thank you very much for the reference , PlaymoCollector!  :wow:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version