Author Topic: Example of a DS spares order  (Read 121638 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Example of a DS spares order
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 16:52:23 »
... I wonder if the references such as L1/16 refer to a storage location for a part?

I think it is. When I used to work for Nissan (in the spare parts department) the locations of items to pick where a lot like those (Lane 1 - space 16 or something like that)

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 17:21:12 »
I think it is. When I used to work for Nissan (in the spare parts department) the locations of items to pick where a lot like those (Lane 1 - space 16 or something like that)

Bogro

Exactly my line of thought, although I notice that the reference does alter sometimes.  I'll have a closer look at an item I've ordered over a number of years.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 17:23:51 »
Here's the address I use, Martin:

DirectService_UK@playmobil.de

(which I now see is the same as the one Sylvia gave you :-[)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 17:30:33 »
Yes, Gordon, I'd love to have them. I OCR'ed Martin's in a couple minutes, so scans aren't a problem if that's how you have them.

Hm.  OK, I'll keep that in mind.  So do you tend to get the right part but it's described wrongly, or do you get the right description but the wrong part, or things switched around?  You'd think that when the order-taker types in a part number, the description would pop up, but if "dto." (ditto) appears, then I guess not. Weird.

I'll have to scan them in, Heather, but that will be a handy exercise as it will free up some space in a desk draw.

So far, I've got the right part with the wrong description.

A description does come up when the part number is put in, but this can be in English or German depending on the part, so unless the person putting in the data can read both English and German and has an accurate (i.e. Playmobil's) description of the part on your list and is reading both the part number and the description and checking the latter against what appears on the screen, a discrepancy like this wouldn't be picked up.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 21:17:20 »
Another part description that can further confuse you is Playmobil calls # 30 02 8470 a "CEILING ELEMENT LARGE" on you data base it is called a  "Floor, 1x2 units"

I guess it is the same thing depending if you are up stairs or down .

http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+02+8470

These descriptions are all over my lists . # 30 22 3670 playmobil called a "CROWN CHILD"  this is what it is http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+22+3670

As one might imagine i had a hell of a time fitting it on a child head, let a lone getting him to stand up with it  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 18:35:42 »
As it happens, my latest DS order arrived today, 16th October.  I received an email on 24th September re the cost and I authorised payment on the 28th.  The delay was because I was away from home for a couple of days and didn't have time to authorise payment before I left home.  A couple of items were discontinued as they were replaced by newer versions in 2002/3.

Oddities on the Playmobil invoice are that 30 51 2560, handles and controls for the hovercraft in the dino set, are described as SEAT and 30 24 2900, the rotor frame cover for the hovercraft, is described as WOLFSKIN.  The semi-circular side screens on the hovercraft (30 24 2910) are described as SHOULDER BELT.  However, the items received were the right ones.

There had been one part number change - 30 24 2920 (hovercraft rotor screen) is now 30 25 8630.  The right part was supplied so presumably when the number I gave was input the computer "translated" it and picked up the right part.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 11:45:13 »
As it happens, my latest DS order arrived today, 16th October.  I received an email on 24th September re the cost and I authorised payment on the 28th.  The delay was because I was away from home for a couple of days and didn't have time to authorise payment before I left home.  A couple of items were discontinued as they were replaced by newer versions in 2002/3.

Oddities on the Playmobil invoice are that 30 51 2560, handles and controls for the hovercraft in the dino set, are described as SEAT and 30 24 2900, the rotor frame cover for the hovercraft, is described as WOLFSKIN.  The semi-circular side screens on the hovercraft (30 24 2910) are described as SHOULDER BELT.  However, the items received were the right ones.

There had been one part number change - 30 24 2920 (hovercraft rotor screen) is now 30 25 8630.  The right part was supplied so presumably when the number I gave was input the computer "translated" it and picked up the right part.
Curses.  This is looking more discouraging.  I was hoping to use this resource to tap into the name-and-partnumber database at Playmobil itself, but it looks like either the names are hopelessly messed up in that database or the clerks are making things up :(  Never mind, I still want the lists, but to have the original orders as well (especially when the part is ordered by description (such as from Specials), not by partnumber) would be even more useful.  I certainly won't jump to conclusions about unknown part numbers, that's for sure.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 15:06:29 »
....or the clerks are making things up :(  Never mind, I still want the lists, but to have the original orders as well (especially when the part is ordered by description (such as from Specials), not by partnumber) would be even more useful.

The clerks don't make things up as what is printed out is on the invoice or comes up on the screen when they query a part number is given by the computer.

The original orders are no problem as I have them, bar one which is missing so you may have an invoice with no matching order, as spreadsheets. 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 05:12:18 »
Names here don't seem to be quite as messed up but there are certainly oddities.
The tan falcon body 30 08 8790 - Falcon body is called hawk body on my recent order invoice, but the wings 30 07 9880 - Falcon wings are listed as wings:falcon, umb.brn (I assume umber brown)
And what you call horse coat 30 62 7022 - Horse coat, long, scalloped hem and I call caparison they are calling "saddlepad knight"
my guess is it's a translation from the German that is a bit too literal.
And they are inconsistent - they call the blue falcon hood 30 24 8330 - Falcon hood Hawk Bonnet but the dark pink version 30 07 9980 - Falcon hood Hood:Falcon (I was surprised to get that one - it's from the 3628 Hunting Party set that's been gone for a while.)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 09:01:51 »

Bogro

Among many fascinating jobs I did as a student, one was "picking & packing" for Ponds, which required making up small orders much like this. I'm sure the L is the lane number, and the /32 is the bay number on that lane.

Although the order is printed out by computer, the final picking is done by human, so errors will creep in. I got a couple of extra bits (one extra beret and an extra gun).

Of course, without the magnificent Playmodb, 90% of my spares order would have been impossible, so another big thank you to Heather for all her work in expanding and maintaining it, and to anyone who helps her to keep it fresh and thriving.