Author Topic: 5586 Guesthouse (add-on to Luxury Villa 5574)  (Read 7981 times)

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 5586 Guesthouse (add-on to Luxury Villa 5574)
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 20:20:21 »
And what a brilliant idea about cutting out from the sticker sheet.  I have a some (nice) stickers that I've never used because I don't want to tie down something to one place or to one function ... and I'd never thought of doing this!

Ah, yes... forgot to say that :)  I'll keep that in mind as well  ;D

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 21:05:26 »
Excellent review, Birdie!  Loved the way you had Sonia and Patrick show us around.  :)  I think it is interesting that the walls are hollow so to speak.  In a way I like that the shelves give places to put little things and in another it seems like a way to cut down on production costs.  The bath is pretty cool and the sofa shows a lot of versatility, although I am not a fan of the pink at all.  I like the base brown color very much and the lack of a real roof doesn't seem to detract from the overall house.  I like the bar the way you set it up, that was very clever.  Good job all around!

Joe 
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 21:21:48 »
It looks like a great set. The pink does detract from it though. But aside from that its one of those things that makes me wish I had space and money to support the modern theme.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 21:54:12 »
Thanks for an excellent revue, Birdie.   :wave:

The way you've dealt with that corner eating unit is very clever.  Would you let me have the part numbers for the top and the roof pieces and for the stools as well, please?  (There are no plans for this set yet on the site and I am wanting to send an order in this week for parts.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 21:55:03 »
Thanks for the review!

I really like the bar stool type chairs, as well as the black couch, glasses and odd fireplace.

I'm currently in the UK for two weeks, and am disappointed only to have found things I can already get in North America.  I'd really wanted to bring the new pool and exercise room back with me. Alas, no.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 21:57:17 »
Thanks for the review!

I'm currently in the UK for two weeks, and am disappointed only to have found things I can already get in North America.  I'd really wanted to bring the new pool and exercise room back with me. Alas, no.

For new release purposes, the UK is counted as part of the rest of the world.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 22:02:41 »
For new release purposes, the UK is counted as part of the rest of the world.

Yeah, so I discovered, much to my disappointment.  :'(

I did find a small assortment of very random used klickies at a street market. Didn't really need any of them, but got enjoyment from simply finding them! (Playmobil in Canada doesn't seem to find its way to thrift stores very often.) I think I got about seven figures with assorted accessories for £2 .

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 22:04:50 »
Thanks for the review! The pink colour is irritating, otherwise, looks like a nice add-on. The furniture, especially the table, bar stools, and glasses are very nice touches.  :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 02:06:41 »
Thanks for reviewing this set for us! I like the details but the way that dress fits on Sonia does NOTHING for her figure.  :o

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 07:11:50 »
I think the guy looks like a russian mobster. The shirt, unshaven face and the watch = meh.  (I do like the shirt though, just not the combination)

That's what I love about him, he's so over the top  ;D

The pink thing by the cat: is it a cat toy?

Yes, it's a knot of wool. It's in other sets too, I think I have a light yellow one as well.

That fireplace is modeled after gel or ethanol fireplaces, like this: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Ethanol-Gel-Fireplaces This particular one is very similar: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Ethanol-Decorative-Fireplaces/Nu-Flame-Ardore-Tabletop-Ethanol-Fireplace

Aha, thanks! It looks cool, but it also looks like a house fire waiting to happen  :-\

I think it is interesting that the walls are hollow so to speak.  In a way I like that the shelves give places to put little things and in another it seems like a way to cut down on production costs.

That is a plus, but the problem is that the highest shelf is so narrow that hardly anything fits on there.

I like the base brown color very much and the lack of a real roof doesn't seem to detract from the overall house.

That's very true, and I just realized the building itself is very modular. I think there will be lots of options for stacking and re-arrangng. No System WHY?! this time!

Would you let me have the part numbers for the top and the roof pieces and for the stools as well, please?

Certainly, there is:

- the white frame for the stool: 30 22 4473
- the black seating for the stool: 30 22 4483

- protruding corner roof piece: 30 22 3553
- long straight roof piece: 30 22 3533
- short straight roof piece: 30 22 3523
- regular corner roof piece: 30 22 3543

Let me know if there are any other numbers you need.

I'd really wanted to bring the new pool and exercise room back with me. Alas, no.

Yeah, the exercise room is already available on the Belgian and German Playmobil website, but the store here did not have that set yet. It's on my wish list too  :love:

I like the details but the way that dress fits on Sonia does NOTHING for her figure.  :o

Quite right  :lol:

At the Playmobil isle there were two Dutch girls (I think they were around 8 and 10 years old) who were very excited about all the new stuff. They totally loved the removable dresses.

And they spent quite some time groping the F?gure bags to find the ones they wanted - it's not just us!  ;D