Author Topic: Playmobil in London  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Playmobil in London
« on: September 09, 2014, 07:25:15 »
Hi guys, it as been a long time since I check the site.

I am going to london this late September. I know there was some life size playmobil figures in Camden Lock. Are they still standing there?

And is there any shop I should check out that I can get playmobil from? Thanks guys!!!! :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil in London
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:26:41 »
And is there any shop I should check out that I can get playmobil from? Thanks guys!!!! :wave:

Haven't been there since late 2012. It's a lousy place to buy playmobil - expensive as Hades. However, great to look at, imo.

Hamley's is great. Then there is Harrod's and Selfridges (I think that's the name). Figures were FOUR GBP EACH in all of these. And in a normally expensive prices John Lewis.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 08:31:31 »
I was going to say Hamleys too, but as Tahra said, it's not the place to look if you want a bargain. Took this pic in the Regent Street branch in 2012. :)

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 14:07:35 »
I was recently in Hamleys. The prices are extraordinary. The 4577 Royal Guard was 6 GBP in the store and 5 GBP in the airport!!!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:09:03 »
I was recently in Hamleys. The prices are extraordinary. The 4577 Royal Guard was 6 GBP in the store and 5 GBP in the airport!!!

Thanks!

I am back from London, and went to Hamleys too, of course! I just noticed their playmobil booth has been getting a lot smaller and the Red Coat is everywhere in the store, and the price is outrageous!!

Call me silly, I have taken a red coat from the surprise figure series to have a photo moment with the real red coat in the Tower of London!! Great Britain really is amazing!!!! :xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:11:17 »
I was going to say Hamleys too, but as Tahra said, it's not the place to look if you want a bargain. Took this pic in the Regent Street branch in 2012. :)
The area has become super tiny now, and seems like they are selling the 4577 as some kind of london-specific souvenir!! Which is a great way for Playmobil to become more well known. But I heard a kid from Japan asking his dad to get him one "lego" red coat, in the regent street branch.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 09:14:09 »
Haven't been there since late 2012. It's a lousy place to buy playmobil - expensive as Hades. However, great to look at, imo.

Hamley's is great. Then there is Harrod's and Selfridges (I think that's the name). Figures were FOUR GBP EACH in all of these. And in a normally expensive prices John Lewis.
In fact the whole oxford street has been getting really lousy, a lot different since the last time I went there. :ginger: