Author Topic: Who are "Guests"  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Who are "Guests"
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 17:13:53 »
Hijacking termites  :P

Rather than talking about de-forestation you can make a real difference by not buying any paper/cardboard products, never build a fence, or a wood structure, never use firewood, get rid of your rotting wooden house especially do not buy wood furniture of any kind, its a long long list of how much our civilization relies on wood products. Just look at all the wood Playmobil uses for their packages that end up in most collectors garbage cans.

It sure wood be nice to have more real trees around shading our earth

Our playmobil trees rely on the exploration of new oil wells and that is not the most environmentally friendly venture either

Nice forest by the way George, the second picture looks more like a commercial tree farm though
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 17:30:05 »
For the record, all my playmobil boxes and bags go in the recyling bin, not the garbage can.  0)

;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 19:30:01 »
Nice forest by the way George, the second picture looks more like a commercial tree farm though

:lol:... I spent about 2 hours making all these trees and these awful pictures dont really show the small and medium size pine trees or the magic trees which are also many more that i havent set up yet. I am already having a massive problem with space , god know how i will set it all up but one way or another you shall all see a playmobil massive forrest with lots of trees and animals and magic in it ... !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 21:02:07 »
Giorginetto - I followed a link through to your collection of Romans earlier*. They clearly outnumber the trees - I too would be worried about space  :-[  I think if I need any space here, I will get rid of anything that doesn't possess a hard flat surface.  I can't display Playmobil on the sofa, for example.

As for my boxes, the Playmobil ones go up in the loft for ever, boxes for things with guarantees go in the loft until the guarantee runs out, and it (along with cans, paper, textiles and some plastic) gets put out for the recycling lorry every other Thursday.

I never really considered the origins of our little plastic pals though. The modern world would stop turning without oil, although I'm no expert on how environmentally unfriendly oil extraction is (with the exception of pollution incidents).

Hijacking threads. Whatever next  :toot:

*Amendment - since I posted this, I hve now read about Giorginetto's shopping trip  8}
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 21:07:12 by Bad Mum! »

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 21:49:39 »
For the record, all my playmobil boxes and bags go in the recyling bin, not the garbage can.  0)

;)

Very good,bb! But I need to convince you to keep all of your PM packaging ;)! There's presently a contest between local high schools here that are going through a land fill, & resorting garbage into recycling areas. They interviewed one young girl showing a black plastic bag full of plain white typing paper weighing quite a bit, thrown into the land fill pit that they moved to a paper recycling area. They were all dressed in Haz Mat suits, gloves, & masks while working for a month to see how much of a difference each class could make, & the winner would be by weight salvaged.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 22:06:55 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 21:52:07 »
That sounds like a cool project. Some of my best memories of my teenage years are from a few days spent in a huge construction dumpster, sorting garbage. No joke, I'm serious. But it's a long story.  :lol:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 21:57:42 »
We have to sort our own into the right bags/boxes or they won't take it away. 

I bet our good old UK health and safety laws wouldn't let school kids within 100 yards of the tip. Sounds like a useful project.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 21:58:45 »
so..... what was this thread about?  :toot: :toot:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 22:04:51 »
 :lol: Thread? What thread?  :lol:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 02:07:50 »
Well its about making a difference . Use less  wood and keep your playmobil boxes  ::) and you better have some good suggestions, after all there are a lot of guests watching  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: