Author Topic: Problems reading new posts?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Problems reading new posts?
« on: November 22, 2010, 17:59:25 »
Hi! does anybody have problems with "show unread posts since las visit" or "show new replies to your posts"???
I can see in the home section that there are new posts in many boards but when I go to either of the options I said before, they show me there is none...
Is it just me or a general problem?  :(
Gaston

edit....sometimes also, it shows me SOME new posts but not all of them....
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Problems reading new posts?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 18:04:01 »
Try clicking the 'All unread topics' button in the unread posts screen. This usually works for me when it says there is none.

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 18:17:22 »
Try clicking the 'All unread topics' button in the unread posts screen. This usually works for me when it says there is none.

yeap, that one always works for me too.... :)
I just was wondering if it was jonly me but I guess it happened to you too
thanx damo  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 18:42:09 »
I've had the same problem, Gaston.  I thought there was something wrong with my computer again . . . Grrrrrrr!
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 18:45:37 »
I noticed a few days ago that I couldn't see when there were new posts in mod school, but I thought I was just crazy because it started working again.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 18:47:20 »
There are some times that they don't show up at my board either...it usually happens when I am online...

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 23:42:11 »
My theory is that when you log out. it will assume all post at that time are old. When you log back in at a later point it will only show posts between the time you last logged out and "now" as"

"show unread posts since las visit" or "show new replies to your posts"

Thats my theory and I am sticking to it!! Otherwise I would be clueless and I hate that feeling *grin*

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:36:09 »
My theory is that when you log out. it will assume all post at that time are old. When you log back in at a later point it will only show posts between the time you last logged out and "now" as"

"show unread posts since las visit" or "show new replies to your posts"

Thats my theory and I am sticking to it!! Otherwise I would be clueless and I hate that feeling *grin*

Mine happens when I change computer. I click unread posts on my laptop of phone, and then when I go to the main computer, and click it again it will say I have none, which is when the 'all unread topics' button works ;)

I also have trouble with messages - I fin out I got one but it didn't put a little '1' in the box at the top :eh?:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 08:41:23 »
Mine happens when I change computer. I click unread posts on my laptop of phone, and then when I go to the main computer, and click it again it will say I have none, which is when the 'all unread topics' button works ;)

Thats exactly what I mean Damo, When yoo are on device x, basically when you click "show unread posts" it loads all those topics in the cach of that device, The board system will then erase them from your "not yet read" posts list, it will however keep it in the cache of your device. When you switch to a different device your queue of unread posts is empty (but stored in the cache of the other device).

Same holds true for Topics with unread threads btw. If you click home, you will see marked which topics have unread threads. When you enter a topic and then leave again it will not show up in colour anymore eventhough there are still many "new" threads. It basically assumes you have read them all and will only highlite again when a new posts is made to one of the threads in the topic.

I hoped I managed to explain myself adequately.

I have no clue about your messages though :-(