Author Topic: Help again please  (Read 4643 times)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
Help again please
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:17:14 »
Hi Sylvia,

Even though I have only uploaded 5 pictures, I now have 622 pictures in my album - I think that they are all of everyones pictures. . .

Kelly

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Help also
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:52:04 »
Hello Sylvia,

Why can't I see Kelly's photos? I look in the albums, but to no avail.

Gepetto

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: Help again please
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 03:41:08 »
Hi, Kelly!

It's easier (to me) to use programs in the internet (there are free ones) to make such kinds of operations with the photos (rotating, resizing, &c), and, when the pic is "ready" I make the upload in my gallery here at Playmofriends.

Did you manage to make your own album? Maybe you uploaded in a public album ... (There's one ...)

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:14 »

Why can't I see Kelly's photos? I look in the albums, but to no avail.

There are 2 pages of albums now and Kelly's comes up on the second page, so that might explain why you're missing it at first.

When on the home page of the Gallery, click the User Galleries link under the "Category" heading at the top of the page. Then on the bottom left of the panel which shows thumbnails of the albums, click 2 to bring up the next page. You should now see the albums for Bill Blackhurst and Kelly. :)

Here's a direct link to Kelly's album which shows there are only 5 images so far:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/index.php?cat=10476

The "622" must be the total uploaded to the entire gallery. I can't think where else the figure would come from. :eh?:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:47:20 »
There are 2 pages of albums now and Kelly's comes up on the second page, so that might explain why you're missing it at first.

When on the home page of the Gallery, click the User Galleries link under the "Category" heading at the top of the page. Then on the bottom left of the panel which shows thumbnails of the albums, click 2 to bring up the next page. You should now see the albums for Bill Blackhurst and Kelly. :)

Here's a direct link to Kelly's album which shows there are only 5 images so far:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/album/index.php?cat=10476

The "622" must be the total uploaded to the entire gallery. I can't think where else the figure would come from. :eh?:

I tried the link Sylvia, and it said "no image to display".

When I try to look for user's galleries, I get 20 users, with Gustavo and Bill Blackhurst being the last two on page 1, and there is no page 2.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:17:05 »
I tried the link Sylvia, and it said "no image to display".

When I try to look for user's galleries, I get 20 users, with Gustavo and Bill Blackhurst being the last two on page 1, and there is no page 2.

Hmmm... this is very odd.

When I am logged in as admin I can see Kelly's album, but when I log out I can't see it either.  8}
I'll have to work out why that is...

Edit:
Just checked a screen capture and there are two albums which go missing when I log out - Pingo's album also vanishes from view. Now I need to find the common factor. :lens:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:25:40 by Sylvia »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: album disappears from view
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:09:48 »

This is a real head-scratcher...
If you don't edit an album in any way, there's a chance that no viewing permissions get automatically set. Seems a bit like a glitch in the system, but I don't think I can change it.

I don't know if this will work, Kelly, but it's worth a try...

Once you have logged in, click on the small grey button which says Create/order my albums.
Find your album in the Album Title section. In my example it is called "pix"
Since the permissions default to 'Album can be viewed by everybody', don't change anything at all, just click the Update album button at the bottom.
(see attachment for screen capture)

Hopefully that will kick start it. :crossed: (and toes too! ;D)

Another thing to remember is that any album will not become visible until there are photos in it since there are no pics to create the thumbnail. But that is a different issue to the one here, of course. ;)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 13:34:37 »
OK. I think it works now.  I can see my pics and there aren't a million pictures in my folder anymore.  I updated it and re-set it to allow everyone to see the pics - it said no update necessary. . .  Can you see it now?

Kelly

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 13:46:48 »

No change for me.  :(
I can still only see your album when I'm logged in as admin. ???

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 14:25:19 »
I found this picture as the latest uploaded, today:

Is this one yours, Kelly?