Author Topic: rotating pics in albums  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
rotating pics in albums
« on: August 09, 2008, 21:42:49 »
Hi there,

This may be a really dumb question, but I uploaded some photos and they all went in horizontally even though some were supposed to be vertically aligned and when I clicked on the crop/rotate button, I got an error message.  So . . .I would like to know how to rotate photos and/or how to upload them so that they don't need rotating.

Thanks,

Kelly

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: rotating pics in albums
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 10:39:43 »

I've never used this feature before. I usually fix the rotation of my pics before I upload them using a photo editing program. :)

I just tested it on the two 'sideways' photos you uploaded and it worked for me in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I clicked "Crop and Rotate," then on the next window chose which way and how many degrees rotation from the drop down "Rotate" menu at the top left. (There is a little arrow pointing downwards you need to click on.) I chose +90° for your pics. If you're not sure which way to rotate, just select an option and preview the result first. If it's correct then you just click "Save Picture" and close the window.

When you go back to your album you'll need to refresh the page to see the photos at the corrected rotation.

I really hope this will work for you next time you upload pics. If not, please copy the error message that you are seeing. Maybe I have not set something correctly in the user permissions for the Photo Albums...

Those are some really cool pirate photos, btw! Do you own a yacht or pleasure boat? 8-)

Offline Kelly

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: rotating pics in albums
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 19:04:47 »
It's really not that big.  My husband likes to fish offshore and it was the smallest boat that could safely handle the Gulf that had a small cabin and a flushing toilet onboard (the smaller ones have a potty under a seat that you have to empty - yuck -).  The toilet requirement was mine and allows the whole family to use the boat for a day. 

We have some really cool barrier islands not too far off the coast of Mississippi/Louisiana that you can take the family out to and collect shells and wade . . . They were really cool before Katrina, but now they are just giant lumps of sand with no vegetation to speak of.  I need to take the pirates out there for some pictures next time we go.