Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 16:52:35 »
Hello Richard,

sorry I meant to answer earlier. I am stationed in BC in the lower mainland.
O brother where for art thou?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 17:18:57 »

Hello Richard,

sorry I meant to answer earlier. I am stationed in BC in the lower mainland.

Hello, Joe ...

Do you ever come over to the Island? Susan and I should be back sometime in June. Maybe we could meet for lunch in Victoria? (Do you like Mexican food?)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 06:28:27 »
Hi Welcome from Oregon!

I am lucky enough to have gotten a Playmo Mountie and horse by a trading partner in Germany getting it in pieces from different sellers at a show. If you're going to talk about not researching in regards to the Mountie then you should notice that they didn't get the horse's blanket right  :D  The MP logo should be on the squared end.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 16:24:42 »

If you're going to talk about not researching in regards to the Mountie then you should notice that they didn't get the horse's blanket right  :D  The MP logo should be on the squared end.

Picky, picky, picky ... :lol:

Hello, Tim ...

Actually, the Sam Browne belt should be the same color as the boots. There should be a holster for a hand gun rather than a knife holder. The hand gun should have a white lanyard that passes through each of the dark blue epaulets. The dark blue epaulets should be smooth (not ruffled) with a gold RCMP/GRC indignia on the outside edge. The "Prussian-style" collar should be red with dark blue pointed tabs displaying a gold RCMP insignia on each tab. Only officers of the RCMP have dark blue "chevron" cuffs. The dark blue riding breeches should be "jodhpur style" with a broad yellow stripe.

Now, I realize that ALL of that is a bit much, but since you started this "picky" bit, Tim ... I will now deliver the coup de grâce ...

Please don't hate me, Tim ... I just can't help myself ...  >:D (the devil made me do it)

You have placed the "Montana peak" Stetson incorrectly on your Mountie ... :(o):
The "hollow' fold goes to the front (unlike in the US where the crease ridge goes to the front). see attachments

I realize that when I'm least expecting it, you'll no doubt get even ... ;)

All the best for a happy and healthy New Year,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 03:55:10 »
 :lol: Hmmmm I believe you may be right Richard  :wow: I will make sure his hat is correct on his display shelf. 

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 07:27:18 »
Very smart Mountie Klickie despite the slight inaccuracies, and one to be treasured!

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:24 »
Hello Abbot

a warm welcome from southern germany  :wave:

nice pics you got here from the RCMP, Richard - are you anyone of the pictured persons in younger days?

and quite interesting details about the RCMP figure - but, when they didn't go over the figure, how come it was released with two different collars?

I have several figures of RCMP and sometimes it came with the collar in Tim's pic and sometimes it came with the smaller black epaulettes?
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 19:06:16 »
Hi Abbot Hamilton.

Welcome to Playmofriends.

Canada always looks nice, it's one place I would like to visit and maybe even move too oneday.

Garry.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.