Author Topic: up loading pics  (Read 10479 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: up loading pics
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 17:13:04 »
It works  :love:
You know what it was ? I was renaming the picture so i could find it and i was deleting the " jpg " text :-[

just for reference the way i did it was
1- open the image in Photoshop
2- under the "help" list go to "resize image"
3- the resize assistant asks you what the image will be used for . I select "online"
4- it asks what pixels size i use 400 or 500 width.
5- your smaller image will open in a new window . now i close it and it asks me if i want to save it "save"
6- save as window appears i rename it but save the ".jpg" text and it want to know the format and i use "JPEG" This is the only format on my photoshop version 8  that asks later what image options .
7- after save the Image option window appears on this window you get to change the image quality and instantly see the sizer at the bottom so it is under 100-kb. when it is hit "OK"
8- now when i post i can attach it ..

Thank you to all who helped me thought this challenging time in my life  :wow:. I fell so much smarter today
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 17:40:10 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 19:35:35 »
Yay!!! :D

Really glad you worked it out! <:>

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 19:45:53 »
Thank you for the help.  :woohoo: :**: :yippee:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 01:44:09 »
You also can use your photo directly from photoshack using a different URL in the image tag (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7864/pb1200031di1.jpg instead the one you referenced before) -- this will display only the photo and with this can be included directly to your post.

I do not want to do this here because I assume the gigantic photo will break the layout here.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 02:02:50 »
hey where did you retrieve that image tag from ? and when i click on it it takes me to the image in some sort of huge size.  ???

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 03:20:50 »
hey where did you retrieve that image tag from ? and when i click on it it takes me to the image in some sort of huge size.  ???

Eh, yes, this pic is big -- as big as you uploaded it to imageshack.

The link can be optained quite easy: you provided the URL -- it's the address of obtaining any resouces from the net -- of the imageshack pic http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb1200031di1.jpg
Call this URL (i.e. entering it to your browser) will lead you to the page where the pic is embedded into a HTML page (a page with text and pictures on it). Then you can view easily with your browser the source code of this page (crawling to the source code of the page you can obtain the URL of the pic itself) or more easier within Firefox browser rightclick on the pic and chose "Copy pic address" (or a similiar entry) for obtaining the URL of the picture where it can be retrieved directly without any surrounding text.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 05:12:09 »
ok
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:11:59 by Rasputin »