Author Topic: up loading pics  (Read 11177 times)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
Re: up loading pics
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 06:50:09 »
Scratch that.  I found the answer in Sylvia's sticky.  The embedded photos are linked from other websites.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 06:52:49 »
Yes i want to know this also . I read a little about it from Sylvia , how you need to load your picture into a different web site so i went to shutterfly and right clicked on my picture but nothing in her instructions happened. then i tried to make a Playmofriends photo album (  i saw a lot of interesting old pics ) and could not create a new one . Just think of how many pictures everybody does not get to see with all these hurdles 8}
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 06:59:32 »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 07:02:39 »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 09:21:18 »
On the other hand, I presume the thumbnails make it easier for people with dialup to scroll quickly. 

Yep, that's certainly true. :yup:

... then i tried to make a Playmofriends photo album (  i saw a lot of interesting old pics ) and could not create a new one . Just think of how many pictures everybody does not get to see with all these hurdles 8}

I'll have to look into the configuration of the Coppermine Photo Album. Before we upgraded in the summer, everyone was able to create their own album, as far as I know. The process might be slightly different than it was before, so the FAQ could need updating. 8}

Rasputin, I can't work out why your imageshack photo is not appearing as an embedded photo when you use the image tags. Maybe it's just too large? :eh?:

Or it could be that they don't allow their pics to be 'hotlinked' in the way you have done. I've seen other imageshack pics on the forum, but they always have code included that links back to the imageshack website, such as this one in TJ's topic:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1177.0

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5830/charliechaplin2wr5.jpg[/img][/URL]

I really don't understand why you are unable to resize your photos and post them as attachments, and wish I could think of a solution for you.  :(
The process of attaching the pics is not greatly different to any of the other forums, and the 100kb allowance should be sufficient to produce an image of reasonably high quality.
???

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 15:18:54 »

test

Ok this type of link i do not like .. I would like to know how many put the picture in the post and when you click on it it sizes up maybe 150% without going to a new page. also imageshack has all those ads that people probable do not want to see..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 16:41:33 by Rasputin »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 15:52:07 »
It sized up to a bit bigger than full screen size to reveal a great shot of a Playmobil toyshop.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 16:47:30 »
Ok what the  beeep..... I take my image into Photoshop . i open it in Save For Web and i reduce it to 500x 300 pixels and save it under a different name . then i go to Imageshack and up load it as a thumbnail then i copy and paste the code for forums or the hotlink and i keep getting the same size and it is a new window as aposed to a image like playmofires fire nuckleboom truck pic's ahhhhhhhhhhh  :hissyfit:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 17:00:09 »
I just resize my pics to under 100kb and then after writing the post click on Additional Options and then attach them via the browse function.  After each browse, click more attachments.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 17:10:12 »
tests