Author Topic: Forum will be temporarily unavailable  (Read 8662 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Forum will be temporarily unavailable
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 19:59:19 »
there's a problem with my avatar pic not showing up, and I can't seem to find the place in my profile to change it. ???

I can see it OK. This sort of thing has happened to other users in the past and I'm not sure what causes it.
Maybe clearing your browser cache and reloading the page several times will make it reappear for you?

To upload a new avatar, click on the Profile button, then Modify Profile on the next page. In the drop-down menu is a link to Forum Profile:)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 20:13:59 »
I can see it OK. This sort of thing has happened to other users in the past and I'm not sure what causes it.
Maybe clearing your browser cache and reloading the page several times will make it reappear for you?

To upload a new avatar, click on the Profile button, then Modify Profile on the next page. In the drop-down menu is a link to Forum Profile:)

Ok, thanks. Good to know others can see it, at least. Thanks, I figured I was just missing something on how to change it... I'll look again.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 20:23:36 »
I find the pages listing the forum areas and unread posts harder to read as there is less contrast than previously when the page had more colour.  For older people like me, contrast in text is important (well, it is for everyone actually).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 20:32:50 »
personally i don´t like it i don´t find it comfortable for my eyes to read and its to bright like. but thats my opinion and don´t want to be the odd one. for the background with klicky heads its cute  like it. ánd secondly thanks loads for all yu do to keep this place running Sylvia thank you lot

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 20:58:10 »
personally i don´t like it i don´t find it comfortable for my eyes to read and its to bright like.

I find that too, Ryan.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 20:59:59 »
personally i don´t like it i don´t find it comfortable for my eyes to read and its to bright like

Hmm, now you mention it...  :-\

*runs and hides*  :P

Damo :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 21:15:12 »
You know, you can always turn the brightness of your screen down. That way really white screens don't hurt your eyes. A computer program I often run when I first get up in the morning has a bright white background, and  it hurts my eyes, so I always just turn down the brightness as far as it will go.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 21:16:54 »
Can't wait to see the Xmas version!!!  :love: :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 21:21:57 »
Can't wait to see the Xmas version!!!  :love: :love: :love:

I was thinking the same!

Anyhow, glad the forum is back online.... I missed it a lot.

Thanks or all the work.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 21:28:19 »
Well, I prefer the lighter colour scheme and find it easier to look at and read.  ;)

I'm also quite reluctant to modify too many things or mess about with the files since that could lead to problems at the next upgrade. I intend to keep the forum up-to-date with the current smf version from now on rather than allow 5 years to lapse. Making frequent small updates is far easier than attempting large upgrades.

Quite honestly I'm just glad that I managed to get the the forum back up without losing any posts or pics. During the past few days of some very scary moments*, the lighter background colour was the last thing worrying me.  :P

Bonnie's suggestion is spot on. All monitors have brightness settings which are easy to adjust to suit your personal preference. Please give that a try. :)

Glad to see that so far no-one has encountered any errors when visiting pages or making posts. I think the other glitches which I mentioned have sorted themselves, so I'm a very relieved and happy bunny.

* accidentally overwrote some crucial database settings and had to beg the host for help :0