Author Topic: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures  (Read 7673 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 21:37:38 »
Can I use those pics on the Very Special Klickys at playkingdoms? If I EVER get done with version 2 of the site :-[

Of course you can use my photos on your site guessing you're meaning the Gladiator with his stockings? Forutnately the reaction is positivie so it looks as though he's going to be getting some new feet  ;) :D

I've got a Celt with a malformed boot.

Oh dear that's not good for a fine Warrior to have a maflormed foot  :(
Thanks for the pictures. I want them too!!! Have fun with them!!

George. :)

Thanks I'm sure they'll be available for you to buy soon then you can have loads of fun with them as well  ;) ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 08:19:16 »
Of course you can use my photos on your site guessing you're meaning the Gladiator with his stockings? Forutnately the reaction is positivie so it looks as though he's going to be getting some new feet  ;) :D

Thank you!  (and good for him - if only would be so easy to get some shoes for all those poor speedos rushed out of the factory in socks.... )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 19:00:06 »
I can't believe the karate guy. YAY, they changed the hair?!

I think Tahra was being 'less than enthusiastic' about the Karate guy because it is essentially the same as Special 4532
http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/4532.htm but with different hair! Just to clarify- am I right Tahra?

Great pictures, Dr. Dalek. My local toyshop is closing soon and didn't buy any Series 6 figures in. I wouldn't mind one of those Scotch guys! (Deliberate Irritation Alert, Elaine, Sylvia, et al: its Scotch mist or Scotch to drink, everything else is Scots or Scottish, I know!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 19:57:02 »
I think Tahra was being 'less than enthusiastic' about the Karate guy because it is essentially the same as Special 4532
http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/4532.htm but with different hair! Just to clarify- am I right Tahra?

Yep. It's... lame. :(

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2014, 00:45:27 »
Yep. It's... lame. :(

That's putting it lightly...I didn't even bother to buy him... >:(
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 08:55:28 »
I like the old hair better.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 13:10:59 »

Great pictures, Dr. Dalek. My local toyshop is closing soon and didn't buy any Series 6 figures in. I wouldn't mind one of those Scotch guys! (Deliberate Irritation Alert, Elaine, Sylvia, et al: its Scotch mist or Scotch to drink, everything else is Scots or Scottish, I know!)

Thanks mate that's true I remember thinking about the old Karate figure when I was buying him since it's from my sort of era geez, looking at the photo really brings home just how lazy Playmobil can be just basically updating the hair  >:(, personally I think both hairs look alright it still suits them ok ah well personally can't complain to much at least for me it's an easier way of tracking him down than trying to search him out on Ebay also a lot of the kids who are buying the figure's won't have a clue about the old figure.   

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 13:18:58 »
The original was long enough ago that it seems more like a revival than a repeat to me. If the special was released only a few years ago, I'm sure I would have a different opinion on the matter.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 16:15:03 »
The original was long enough ago that it seems more like a revival than a repeat to me. If the special was released only a few years ago, I'm sure I would have a different opinion on the matter.
That's true, but it's a shame they didn't go for something new (a lot of ideas have been suggested on PF and elsewhere). In fact, with some notable exceptions, a lot of the Mystery Fi?ures seem to be re-runs of the same small number of ideas.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 00:24:22 »
On that topic, that new Roman officer that's coming up in Series 7 is just a bad joke.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: