Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 74774 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2013, 19:00:36 »
Steck work wonders for me at least, most of my stories where made with just the 3666 castle and the castle expansion with breakable wall that was released a year or two after that castle.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 23:02:48 by Pynedor »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2013, 19:11:52 »
It is amazing how many possibilities steck allows...

I remember playing for HOURS with just the magician's workshop (my sister got that.. so the steck downfall is her fault!)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2013, 19:32:13 »
I've seen a lot of cool setups like yours, Rhalius. I might eventually get some Steck, but now I'd have to find it all used, and to get complete sets can be quite expensive. Especially since I was thinking more along the lines of that gigantic Steck Bastille that someone made a few years ago. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2013, 20:12:34 »
For the sake of the kingdom, here is a better (clearer) picture of the castle as it stands now:

At least as it stood before... this horde of evil-doers and other assorted miscreants decided to attack:

Unfortunately for the band of miscreants, Pynedor and his compatriots have dealt with this sort of thing before and can thus easily defend the kingdom:

As seen here though, they have yet to afford banners that actually look like banners and that are cut properly. :lol:

They also had some assistance from the kingdom's prominent denizens, who decided to gather in the small area within the castle walls and talk about what they should do. Meanwhile, the castle defenders were already dealing with the threat.

As you can see, the golden knight made an appearance donning his new Golden Dragonslaying Helm, in case the evil-doers were to summon any of the fearsome creatures. As I have no dragons, this is unlikely. :-\

~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2013, 20:39:19 »
Wow great photos looks liek your Knights have a strong army to defeat but, also plenty of good allies hopefully they will prevail  :) :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2013, 23:10:06 »
Wow great photos looks liek your Knights have a strong army to defeat but, also plenty of good allies hopefully they will prevail  :) :knight:

Thanks, DrDalek6. They have since repelled the invaders, and all is at peace. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2013, 17:48:53 »
I've seen a lot of cool setups like yours, Rhalius. I might eventually get some Steck, but now I'd have to find it all used, and to get complete sets can be quite expensive. Especially since I was thinking more along the lines of that gigantic Steck Bastille that someone made a few years ago. :lol:

That's the beauty of it - you do not need complete sets.  System X you really do for most buildings, but with Steck you can just use pieces here and there and add them together to make and expand your own creations.

Another good thing about Steck is that it takes up a lot less space when you disassemble it. 

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2014, 22:18:54 »
Hmm, I've gotten a few new things in the last few months. I got the Medieval House and barn Add-On, which is awesome. I only had time to build it once and then take it apart again, but I am liking the Steck. I knew I would, but it does seem to be harder to find nowadays!

I also got some Fi?ures from series 5 (Thanks, Tiermann).

Lastly, I got two of the dragon bags for the figures. I wanted to make sure that I got one of the new bows, a guandao, and a dao sword. I really like these new weapons. They are awesome! I was a bit surprised that the dao is flexible though; I think it'd have been better if it weren't. The only other things from this theme I think I'll get are the expansion figure packs and maybe some spare parts.

I'm also looking forward to the Scottish Highlander from Fi?ures series 6, as he has a claymore with a painted leather-wrapped hilt! These historical items make the future look very good for historical releases! :)

And here is just another picture of some of my favourite figures:

~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2014, 22:28:57 »
Great purchases Toysrus didn't have any of the latest series of Boys figures when I checked so I still haven't got the blue and silver Knight who I'd like as he looks cool  :( not so keen on the Dragon figures but, the weapons look good very interesting and useful no dobut and I like both of the shield designs I knwo the round ones just like ones we've already got in different colurs but, it looks good to me. Liking that last photo as well the woman looks good with the flowers in her hair and diggin g that gold knight as well  :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2014, 23:48:16 »
Thanks! Good luck finding the new figures. It is hard to find them sometimes. :-\
~Pynedor~