Author Topic: Anyone have photos of 4862 Family Speedboat?  (Read 2144 times)

Offline mwilbury

• Playmo Enthusiast
Anyone have photos of 4862 Family Speedboat?
« on: July 03, 2011, 23:21:05 »
Can anyone provide a review of this set?  In particular, I'd love to see comparison photos with the old motorboat (such as in set 7646)?

Thanks in advance, Matt

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Anyone have photos of 4862 Family Speedboat?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 00:58:04 »
I have it, but I don't have any of the old boats to compare it to, and all the parts are long since mixed with other things. :-\ All I can offer is this pic of it loaded with klickys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:35:15 »
I have it, but I don't have any of the old boats to compare it to, and all the parts are long since mixed with other things. :-\ All I can offer is this pic of it loaded with klickys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

is this bill over there?  :hmm: ;D
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline mwilbury

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:53:35 »

That's a start, thanks!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 06:09:35 »

That's actually a pretty creepy picture ...  :-\

Look at his mustache.  Reminds me of "Ralph" in the olde 1961 educational film 'Boys Beware' - which we actually just watched this spring in university, by the way. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCv0DsW3aHc

Anyway, I think the new boat Bonnie showed is a great improvement over the old one.  It looks longer (I dont' have the new one) and is more current and has more options to play for kids.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:25 »
Collin loves to play with it in the bath. The design is great, and it comes with some great accessories. I do worry about the stickers in the interior peeling off after prolonged contact with water, but so far they are intact. Also, there is plenty of storage under the seats for scuba gear or a cooler. My only complaint is that the ladder falls off easily.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 13:01:57 »
Yes it is. :lol: It's another take from here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=6222.msg143774#msg143774

awwww see i remember well !!!  :)  how young he looks there  :o 
The spirits rule !!!!