Author Topic: Museum of Not-Playmobil  (Read 57351 times)

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Howard Pyle's the greatest!
Re: Museum of Not-Playmobil
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2015, 15:38:57 »
But almost exactly like playmobil.

Anyway, what the hell is this stuff?!?!?!?! I burst a blood vessel trying not to laugh!! These spinoffs are SO WEIRD!!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2015, 08:44:55 »
Somebody ever saw this, Sbego Baellar?

You just have to buy 72 of them at a time.

Shame they don't do a theme I'm interested in. >:D

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2015, 17:28:16 »
I rather buy 72 different Playmobil items, even though if it might be second hand.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2015, 15:21:43 »
You just have to buy 72 of them at a time.

Shame they don't do a theme I'm interested in. >:D

So they sell to stores? I think they would have a better time making things collectors want, not trying to cut in on geobra. Don't try to compete, try to compliment
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2015, 08:09:00 »
So they sell to stores? I think they would have a better time making things collectors want, not trying to cut in on geobra. Don't try to compete, try to compliment
Looks that way. I agree, but I think the business model is rip off a popular playmobil theme to make money.
Selling to the likes of us would require research on their part. Makes me wonder though what the actual set up costs of moulds are if a rip off merchant is prepared to make these things for sale.
Also wonder at the endless fantasy axes and helmets that geobra produce but wont produce more historically accurate ones that collectors as well as children could enjoy.
You lament the lack of diversity, I lament the lack of realism in the historic sets, especially the medieval(ish) themes. If playmobil was producing stuff like it is today (ignoring the direct service and special edition stuff) when I was a child I would not be a collector now.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2015, 16:17:03 »
Looks that way. I agree, but I think the business model is rip off a popular playmobil theme to make money.
Selling to the likes of us would require research on their part. Makes me wonder though what the actual set up costs of moulds are if a rip off merchant is prepared to make these things for sale.
Also wonder at the endless fantasy axes and helmets that geobra produce but wont produce more historically accurate ones that collectors as well as children could enjoy.
You lament the lack of diversity, I lament the lack of realism in the historic sets, especially the medieval(ish) themes. If playmobil was producing stuff like it is today (ignoring the direct service and special edition stuff) when I was a child I would not be a collector now.

Oh how I also dream of historical accuracy, fantasy theme is fine but if geobra would just leave them in the fantasy theme. Lately the damn weapons you speak of seem to find their way into the themes which are supposed to be based on reality.

I too would not collect if the basic principals were not based in the civility of reality wether it be in modern or historic. More historic peasants for our cities and less flashing lazer guns
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2015, 16:46:18 »
Lately the damn weapons you speak of seem to find their way into the themes which are supposed to be based on reality.

Well, the "dragons/knights/whatever they call them" have kept the aliens supplied with odd weapons.. Yes, it is odd.

More historic peasants for our cities and less flashing lazer guns

YES! Less blinky-winkies! More nicely colored klickys!

Offline Venser

• The Soujorner
  • Playmo Enthusiast
  • Howard Pyle's the greatest!
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2015, 00:30:38 »
If playmobil was producing stuff like it is today (ignoring the direct service and special edition stuff) when I was a child I would not be a collector now.

(sigh) Unfortunately, that's how every older toy company is like. Now, many kids just like the fantastical element of it, not caring at all whether it is realistic in the LEAST. Take Lego. They used to have quite realistic castles; now, these Nexo Knights are basically space knights fighting a jester and his furry little demons. Oh, and they have lasers.

Offline lisaastrup

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • I love to play and collect
    • Astrup Art
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2019, 18:21:46 »
here is a ship I found today in a 2.hand shop, its a Carrea ship - play ok,
I’m cleaning it up for my grandson, I think it will be fine.

kind regards
Lisa Astrup

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2019, 20:00:51 »
Hi,

i cant open it ?!
I had a picture from this ship in my collection.

ENJOY !

greetings

Andi