Author Topic: Museum of Not-Playmobil  (Read 57381 times)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Museum of Not-Playmobil
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2014, 13:02:18 »
Another mystery to me. The figures are obvious copies of Playmobil, but the train is a copy from Faller.
True, Faller had their own "Play Figures", but these were different from the one pictured on this box.
Does anybody know more from this set, or from the manufacturer Pilsan?

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2014, 21:07:46 »
Wow this is a really interesting thread learning more about the different types of comparable figures andf blatant knock offs like those yellow ones it's a real doppelganger there are some really ugly ones but, there's certainly some interesting sets there I particularly like the Viking Longship. I particularly like the Playland figures with their bellbottoms  :lol: they've got some cool sets like that Snow White and I like some of the vehciles in that series and the Playmo ok vehicles as well I also like those Soliders on Ebay they may not be Playmobil but, they've got nice uniforms and faces. The only comparable figure I've ever seen was a TOMY figure who I found at the Botnaical Gardens then one of my friends decided to hollow out a soap bar and stick him in so I'm guessing our supervisor got mardy and chucked him and the soap away  :(     

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2014, 22:43:52 »
I quite liked the phone booth with the clear part around it.  :D

Offline Duckman

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 18:55:39 »
I came by this set at a car boot sale a few years ago while fruitlessly looking for Playmobil.

Its dated 2001 and is a huge box (see Playmobil figure for comparison size). It predates Playmobils Egyptian theme by about 7 years but does coincide with around the time the movie The Mummy returns was released.

Plastic is a curious mix of really soft and squishy and 70s style ultra-brittle with the best quality plastic being the carrying handle.

Figures are shorter than Playmobil but do have some similarities like curved hands able to hold objects, rotating wrists, removable hair/hats and no nose.

It’s a big size but too small for playmobil some Doorways, the seating and the steps are all too small for Playmobil figures. However it does make a rather good Egyptian backdrop, the statues fit in well with Playmobil and of course it does have that great disclaimer on the box giving the manufacturers the right to change just about everything inside the box. 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 19:01:13 »
I have no idea what it is, but it is beautiful - shame about the smaller doors...

Offline Duckman

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 19:03:48 »

Egyptian cat worship in the temple continues into the present day.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 19:05:15 »

Egyptian cat worship in the temple continues into the present day.

AWESOME :love:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 19:09:29 »
It seems that the cat is as intrigued than us by this toy  ;D

I am discovering this thread and loving it  :love:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 19:19:11 »
A search on the internet using the name of the set throws up a number of references, including a possible manufacturer - AGGCO Corp Ltd.  Unfortunately, that is something of a dead end.

I'm sure that some years ago in Malta I saw a similar set but on a Western army and fort theme.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 21:38:08 »
It seems that the cat is as intrigued than us by this toy  ;D

If you look closely the cat is actually staring at the real toy, playmobil   ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: