Author Topic: STECK  (Read 3950 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: STECK
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 13:44:58 »
I would LOVE to have walls that curve 45 degrees instead of 90 so it takes 8 wall pieces to make a tower...oh what grand towers you could make!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Unfortunately, yo would need all sorts of different platforms and merlins and such as well,
It is really a bigger idea then it seems... The tip of the iceberg if you will.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:35 »
I would LOVE to have walls that curve 45 degrees instead of 90 so it takes 8 wall pieces to make a tower...oh what grand towers you could make!!!

:love: :love: :love:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

that would be a grand idea, i would love to see such steck made one day. I am quite positive as system x failed to last , the clip and the latest designs offer no customization and seem even less successful and short lived than steck. On the other hand steck is still on DS catalogues and so many sets have been made sicne the 70s. playmobil can change the style a bit, keep it compatible with the old style, there is no need to change the marvelous toothed basic steck stone wall and create new towers , new gates and perhasp new roofs . the recent blue, red , yellow houses were a great improvement and show i think the massive potential of steck . i think it has been marketed wrong , it could have been promoted more of a construction/ customisation toy on top of everything else ...... a steck house with varius signs and klickies creating 3-4 different types of shops etc just a simple idea.

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 00:31:43 »
Oh yes, how great would that be - big towers! I have long bemoaned the small towers.

I am getting all feverish at the prospect of new steck castles! Imagine if that happened!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 02:12:10 »
I remember when Playmobil first came out with their round tower.  It was such a HUGE improvement and I can not say how excited I was to see pictures of it announcing it.

You are right, of course, we need a bigger tower (diameter) - it is way underscale for the size of the figures.  It works much better with 54mm figures.

I wonder why they changed away from the Steck castle pieces in the first place (let alone the other buildings and why System X was introduced at all).  However, I suspect money and marketing were the major players.

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:19 »
i don´t understand the madness about steck parts. there are tons of parts @ ebay for reasonable prices.

if you are looking for one or two parts it does not make such a great difference to buy wherever you are and buy at ebay from the country you live. if you want a big amount of steck you ask some of the sellers at ebay germany for cheap shipping and reduced price and they will help. not all are bad people - at the end nobody who has a shop @ ebay wants a bad review. i just ordered a lot of steck parts i was constantly short of and i saw the amounts of steck that where there. a steck house wall with door and window for 4,50 € for example is a normal price 1. i don´t think that this part will be available as a single spare part 2. what will it cost ? -   2€ ? no way. ....prices will even fall for used parts when they are available. and buying 30 bakerys is just ridiculous if you need the parts for other houses. also the farm steck house which is @ DS right now is the better choice if you need these parts. but + 20 € more you could buy a hole steck castle with lots of parts - easy - 10 every day...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 14:14:58 »
I usually buy a complete 3666 castle because it has a huge variety of parts...

Offline Skywalker

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 15:21:58 »
Wolf : exactly...

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 20:28:30 »
It's also in this set: 3556 - Barn & Animals

(where I got mine from! :D)

Damo :)
ANd the 3555 farm set. Actually that wall piece is included in almost every eighties Steck house.

If I need a steck fix I usually buy a castle from persons who are even to lazy to put the castle or house together, those are prett cheap on ebay!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 23:03:36 »
And sometimes they come with extra pieces you didn't see in the listing  ;D
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 18:14:38 »
3667 is also very good for steck , has these awesome squre towers fortifications, i bought so many of them , all my square towers are like that in my set up and i have enough for another 16 towers ..... ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: