Author Topic: Hello from Birmingham, United Kingdom  (Read 3387 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hello from Birmingham, United Kingdom
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 21:25:19 »
I like the pikemen, ideal for an English Civil war diorama.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 04:16:36 »
Thank you very much tahra and Tim, when I get home I'm going to re-assess display spaces in my apartment.

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 08:16:08 »
Nice pictures, Neil. The shot of your army gives a real sense of movement, which is better than just having loads of identical soldiers standing in rows (which you sometimes see).
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 10:36:41 »
Nice pictures, Neil. The shot of your army gives a real sense of movement, which is better than just having loads of identical soldiers standing in rows (which you sometimes see).

A good point, Graham.

Neil, are the pikes customs?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 01:07:24 »
Yes, the pikes are customs from an eBay vendor called Steinerner from Spain,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383487896702

When I get back to the UK I'll get some better photos taken and posted. I have been working to make the soldiers with muskets individuals as I obtain different heads and hair pieces. And one or two custom Klicky soldiers as well. Again I'll take some photos when I'm back home (mid-August).

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 09:12:14 »

When I get back to the UK I'll get some better photos taken and posted. I have been working to make the soldiers with muskets individuals as I obtain different heads and hair pieces. And one or two custom Klicky soldiers as well. Again I'll take some photos when I'm back home (mid-August).

Best wishes,
Neil

Thank you, Neil; I look forward to that.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 09:41:00 »

Best wishes,
Neil

Wow! jut looking at the Flanders wars he's got some great stuff which would be usable with the 2nd English Civil War.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 05:21:56 »
With pikes like that you could do a dio recreating Velazquez's Surrender At Breda! Which reminds me, I have been meaning to make a thread for playmo versions of famous artworks  O0
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2023, 07:14:45 »
A very warm welcome to you dear Neil from Marlow on Thames  :wave: :welcome:

Compliments of the season to you and your wife !

I love Birmingham and have very dear memories of visiting the wonderful Christmas Market with a friend as well as travelling on the Severn Valley Railway steam train in nearby Kidderminster  :love:

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 23:43:32 »
Hello Neil

Welcome to PF! I enjoy your posts and am happy that you have joined this friendly little forum.

I'm from the Low Countries, and one of my long-term plans is getting serious about the Eighty Years' War in PM. I have been collecting with this goal in mind for years, but customising / displaying linger still in the future. I hope you'll still be around when I'll finally get to create something!

Best wishes
StJohn