Author Topic: New Sets 2012  (Read 104650 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: New Sets 2012
« Reply #420 on: January 28, 2012, 00:42:02 »
I really like her.  :D

Are you french?  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #421 on: January 28, 2012, 00:44:17 »

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #422 on: January 28, 2012, 02:36:51 »
Thanks for the catalogs!  Below are my impressions of the sets that are personally relevant to me:

I'm pleased to see the Western theme is back in the catalog and there are some things I like about it, namely the Marshal set, the bandit set, the artillery tunics, the introduction of a corporal, the new teepee, the shed next to the mine, and the new Native Americans.  Based upon the pictures, however, I must say that the fort looks rather too "Fischer Price" for my taste.  I think the Steck forts are best and the System X forts are nice too, but this new fort looks too "childish" to me.  Perhaps its the glossy logs.  A matte finish might all but eliminate the cheap impression of it that I'm getting in the pictures.  Also, what military genius decided to build a fort around rocks that enemies could climb upon to enter the fort?  Still, the rock prison looks to be useful for the Egyptian theme.  Perhaps I'm being too critical, as these are toys for children, and I will probably purchase most of these Western sets, but I don't see the fort displacing Playmobil's previous forts in my collection.

The new dogs look good and I like the new horses, although I don't like the fact that any old tack will not work with them.  I doubt I'll buy into them.  The Super Specials and Fi?ures look good too, although the addition of medals on the British soldier make his use limited in terms of "army building".  Also, I personally despise the "mystery pack" idea.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #423 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:10 »
Looking at the size of some of the sets they must be going to be pretty expensive.  Does Playmobil know about the recession, or are they planning to bring the world out of recession with these new ranges?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2012, 14:02:04 »
Looking at the size of some of the sets they must be going to be pretty expensive.  Does Playmobil know about the recession, or are they planning to bring the world out of recession with these new ranges?

I had a similar thought when first looking at them. Last year, the new pirates' sets for instance contained very few accessories and klickies. The pirates' ship and big island only came with 3 klickies each, probably to keep the price "low".

(they've now raised the prices of several sets, f.e.ship and fortress, between 40% and 50% in January; the pirateship was 48 euros in toyshops, now listed 70 euro on the belgian playmo-website. I bought the fortress for 35 euro, it is now listed 53 euro on the official site).

When I now see that f.e. the Western plane-wagon comes with 4 klickies, I wonder what such a "common" set will cost. The fort comes with 4 soldiers and 2 indians, which makes a total of 6 klickies... Wow, even the old Western-forts never included such a high klicky-number. The more the merrier I'd normally say, but I'm really wondering to which price-range this will go...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2012, 14:48:48 »
With some of these price hikes, they have priced me out of the market. Luckily I got most of the new pirate sets at the lower price. I was waiting to get the newer castles but with the higher prices, I'm going to sit this one out. Looks like you better get what you want at the initial release date because the prices go up the following year.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2012, 21:01:30 »
again IM lost....  8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

where are the links to the catalogs??  :( :( :( :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2012, 21:03:29 »
again IM lost....  8} 8} 8} 8} 8}

where are the links to the catalogs??  :( :( :( :(

Check the Common Room section of the forum  :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #428 on: January 28, 2012, 21:21:16 »
Thank you Robbie, I found it.  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #429 on: January 28, 2012, 21:23:42 »
I really like the new airplane and the cargo sets . i think its time i start collecting modern sets again...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 22:57:58 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: