Author Topic: New Sets 2012  (Read 104650 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: New Sets 2012
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2012, 21:06:43 »
The new western fort has some lovely features but with that strange roof and its design its far less impressive than the very first one if you ask me , that could easily be expanded etc etc . God, i still havent managed to transport back in time , back in 1978 !!!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ace

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2012, 22:32:42 »
Because I wasn't collecting when western was available in the "golden days" I'm really glad to see new revamps of old sets ;). All I have of the old series is a very incomplete Fort Eagle and the goldmine. Even if they aren't as glorious as the old sets, I think they're fun and I'm just glad to see Western back  :cowboy: :indian:!
Ace :brownhair:

Offline tenni

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2012, 22:57:54 »
 ;D ;D

I'm liking the new sets!! The hotel looks very promising, as does the disco for all of the rock and roll figures coming out. So far, I have successfully resisted buying any western theme, but that might be changing with the new goldmine. The horses with the new sets are lovely as well.

Anybody find put-together pictures of those puzzle teaser sets from facebook? Looks like dinos and a new horse/pony ranch. I'm eager to see complete pictures of those!!

Gotta start saving my pennies  ;)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2012, 23:37:41 »
I don't know German and couldn't get the site to translate to English, but I am wondering why the Hotel would have the iPod/MP3 technology and not the children's disco?  :hmm:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2012, 23:38:34 »
As a pirates(ship)-fan, I'm glad the fort's front-wall has a brown cannon-hatch  ;D

The infantry/artillery-soldiers' lightblue caps are rather suited for confederates, not yankees. Yanks will have to be DS-equipped, though there is a darblue cap with a klicky from the goldmine. Nice the new horsers are used, I already said these would be suited for cavalry-charges.
The "swimsuit-indians", I don't know... customizing will become rather limited. I hope they don't extend it much further to other klickies, it would look silly.
Western is indeed much a make-over, but I think I'll get several of the Western-sets like the waggon, the carriage with cannon (thought the horse-leads or how these are called look stupid in blue) and the fort is also suitable for creating Spanish or colonist-settlements.

To me the Goldmine's "mule" looks the same as the new donkey from the updated Mary & Joseph Christmas-set, but I could be wrong.

"Hotel and disco" look very silly to me, but I'm not much a modern-theme fan of course.
(btw, they forgot to include a French politician with the hotel & maid)

The "Agents' Commander Vehicle" looks like a mobile SAM-system to me. (SAM = military Surface-to-Air Missile; an anti-aircraft weapon)...

I'll upload some pics here, then we don't have to go to FB or use the links every time...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 23:46:18 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2012, 23:46:14 »
I hope the Maid is spraying Febreeze and not cleaning the sheets with a spray bottle!  :o

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #366 on: January 27, 2012, 00:35:26 »
I don't know German and couldn't get the site to translate to English, but I am wondering why the Hotel would have the iPod/MP3 technology and not the children's disco?  :hmm:

Of course the disco has the mp3-support and not the hotel... ;)

But the idea isn't so bad...if you connect the sound-module to the clock in the hotel-room you could rock your hotel-guests out of bed playing some heavy metal..  :rock:

,,Oh sweetheart can you feel the hotel bumping a meter from the ground playing Rammstein on maximum power? I think its time for breakfast..."  ;D

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2012, 00:43:11 »
Not a fan of that fort but the goldmine looks great. I like how it has a storage shed on the side for the miners to store their equipment.

Its mostly the indians and fort soldiers that I dont like.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #368 on: January 27, 2012, 00:44:37 »
My concern is how the fort is designed.... it's not too secure where the indians can just climb over the rocks and right into the fort. :hmm:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #369 on: January 27, 2012, 00:56:24 »
My concern is how the fort is designed.... it's not too secure where the indians can just climb over the rocks and right into the fort. :hmm:

Silly- the rocks are just the top part of a 100 meter cliff that the fort is perched upon.  I <3's it!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D