Author Topic: New Sets 2012  (Read 104645 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: New Sets 2012
« Reply #320 on: January 26, 2012, 15:17:55 »
Serves you right for hating FB :P

I like the fort ... hopefully there is some way to make it bigger. Im not crazy about the blue bridles (why cant they do brown or black???) but I am very excited about the theme! Western again, at last!
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #321 on: January 26, 2012, 15:22:55 »
The Cargo Plane intrigues me...because it is blue and white and would seem to match the uniform of the air hostess special....but why would you need an air hostess on a cargo plane ??? So perhaps it also has a potential for a seated configuration, but then it would need a passenger door, and I can't see one in the FB photo. Like I said,...intrigued  ???

Claire  :wave:
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #322 on: January 26, 2012, 15:23:53 »
Interesting, not all that impressed by the western. Fort Brave? What happened to Bravo? The Western all seem to be redone old sets, nothing much really new looking other than the fact the horses are the most recent style. The cargo theme is interesting, new complex container system, and that plane has a nose that opens up to allow cargo from the front. Looks like new police and fire sets for 1-2-3.

I agree with you regarding the western sets... (where's the civil war stuff?)

I really shouldn't get any airport/cargo stuff... Let's see how well THAT holds.  ::)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #323 on: January 26, 2012, 15:24:16 »
the first thing i noticed about the fort is that is appears to have "sharp"er pointed log tops than the old forts... this makes it look more acceptable for say... a french and indian war or revolutionary war frontier fort... hopefully the lame "Fort Brave" sign is a sticker  :lol:

Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2012, 15:33:20 »
I agree with you regarding the western sets... (where's the civil war stuff?)

I really shouldn't get any airport/cargo stuff... Let's see how well THAT holds.  ::)

In the 90s, didnt North and South sets come out in different years?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2012, 15:40:15 »
If we are to believe the barrels in the pictures with 1848 stamped on them... there wont be civil war stuff... though, historically speaking, the cavalry sets pictures themselves would be post-war era... think 1870... which means historical isn't on the menu once again  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2012, 15:56:55 »
Meh, not too excited by much of this (thankfully for my wallet). Will be adding some of the Western cannon though.

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2012, 16:01:15 »
If we are to believe the barrels in the pictures with 1848 stamped on them... there wont be civil war stuff... though, historically speaking, the cavalry sets pictures themselves would be post-war era... think 1870... which means historical isn't on the menu once again  :lol:

Also meaning this Betsy Ross flag form the fort isn't historically accurate either  :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2012, 16:05:53 »
Yeah, I thought Fort Brave was a stupid name, too, but that's easily fixed. I am really really hoping it is system x, or in some way expandable, so we can build our big fort without having to scour ebay for old fort pieces.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2012, 16:23:24 »
In the 90s, didnt North and South sets come out in different years?

The confederate sets made only a brief appearance, but I think at the same time we got union soldiers...
(of course, union soldiers were around since ever, as opponents for the indians, I suppose... )