Author Topic: New Sets 2012  (Read 104645 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Sets 2012
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 20:39:23 »
For now my only plans are to get two specials: the archer with the target and the pirate with the treasure chest. (more gold!) I really like expanding playmobil treasury to give any clickie with mean looking eyebrows something worth stealing.

Wow. That's restraint! Can you spare some?  :-[

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2011, 22:24:49 »
Heh well, as I said, not much seems to be released in the historical themes that interest me.  :)

If they would completely revise the castle, cowboys and pirate theme again, it would be a completely different story.
And right now I already have all the stuff I wanted to have from the pirate batch released in august.

There wasnt much restraint there, the only things I dont have from that batch are the pirate ship, treasure island and cannon boat with hammerhead shark.
None of them interest me though, I got all the redcoats and pirate ships get released in every batch in a rather similar fasion.

Still, looking forward to 2012 though.  :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2011, 00:01:10 »
WOW !!!  :(o): :(o): :(o):

Some wonderful new sets!!

I suspected the new horses would show up again! I like the poneyfarm (at least from the front) and certainly that barn. If finances permit (the pirates-theme renewal has just eaten a lot of my budget), I'd like to add the barn (and maybe the farm) to my Renaissance-city...

The police looks good too, at last they got proper weapons to fight heavily armed gangsters!  ;D Btw, that aren't machineguns but (semi-)automatic rifles.  :P  They look like M-16s or the British/French equivalents. (An M-16 is a semi-automatic rifle, whereas f.e. an M-60 is higher caliber and is a true machinegun. Machineguns are mostly used to defend fixed positions, whereas semi-automatic/automatic rifles are designed to be used my moving troops)
The helo is much more realistic and could easily be converted to a military scout-helicopter.

The 2nd series of superspecials (special plus) contains at least 2 cool figures; the pirate and the knight!  :love:

Olympic series is awesome! (the sportshooter's rifle seems very usefull in addition to the other new rifles for the policeforce  ;) )

2nd series of Surprise Figures is way better then the 1st, though I wasn't expecting Elvis to come back! (I was hoping for Beethoven  :lol:) I agree there aren't any Dutch there; Polish or German (Bavarian)  indeed seems more plausible.  ;)
All in all some awesome figures! Btw, except for 1 shop, no sight of the 1st series of Figures here in stores in my region (Belgium > Flanders > Ghent)...

Hum... I think I'll have to plunder some more innocent vessels to finance all this new stuff!!  :uhoh: :captain:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2011, 05:40:05 »
Is it just me or does this driver look they need to sit on a pillow to see over the steering wheel ? It looks like he is sitting so low

I must say this round sure has a lot of modern violence potential

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2011, 05:48:59 »
with that fi?ure  pirate pack it sure looks like Tim is right about the skull being clear. If they can make that Geobra can make an all clear klicky. I would even want a translucent skeleton, I think that would be spookier than white or glow in the dark. Come to think of it a translucent car or train would be interesting as well

The ballerina will look so much better with bent toes
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline stadswache

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2011, 05:51:01 »
seems you are right Gaston, we're having the first frowning face :(

the face on the skater is indeed very lego like, just horrible!!! but i love his hair!

stadswache, it's LARA not LAURA Croft :P

sorry LARA  8} 8}

But it looks good..
Its not about your choices, its about the chances you take, that makes the future.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:23 »
There wasnt much restraint there, the only things I dont have from that batch are the pirate ship, treasure island and cannon boat with hammerhead shark.
None of them interest me though, I got all the redcoats and pirate ships get released in every batch in a rather similar fasion.

:o  You don't want the island and the hammerhead? Since I'm trying to cut down, I will NOT buy all of them :(, but I'll get those..

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2011, 09:59:02 »
I really like the second Fi?ures series, a lot of customizing potential with all the different hairstyles!I also like the "knight" and "pirate" SuperSpecials, but imho Playmobil should be very careful regarding all the new "faces"...I do like the frowning prisoner, it's still all Playmo-like, but for me it should stop there, no stupid grins or snarls... :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2011, 18:42:30 »
Heh nope, the island is too big. I can't store it. And I am not too fond of the coins gimmick. Might get the little boat with the hammerhead sometimes, but the large cannon mounted on such a small boat is really off putting.

I've spend enough for now, any follow up sales will likely be to aquire classic sets for the knights theme.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2011, 20:02:42 »
Heh nope, the island is too big. I can't store it. And I am not too fond of the coins gimmick. Might get the little boat with the hammerhead sometimes, but the large cannon mounted on such a small boat is really off putting.

I've spend enough for now, any follow up sales will likely be to aquire classic sets for the knights theme.

I don't know if it's the same size as the old one - not handy at all, that one..

"Off putting"!? You're being too polite. It's freaking ridiculous. But easy to fix. Yank it off.  ;D