Author Topic: New Sets 2012  (Read 104650 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: New Sets 2012
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 14:52:11 »

Yes, I also noticed that there were no holes in the baseplates in the polices series  :hmm:. It looks like this is for a better overall look and quicker assembly time. Hopefully these sets will still be easily compatible with SystemX, and the only change is the loss of the holes on the floor  :prays:.
Ace :brownhair:

sorry to tell you but I suspect it is the new ready-to-play  hibrid system  :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2011, 15:28:17 »
same feelings about the face expression - playmobil smile/face is simple but perfect the way it's been so far!
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2011, 15:52:32 »
I really am not trying to turn this into a debate, but my thoughts on the new "non-classic" elements to PM are that while we may be disappointed with some of the new aspects that Playmobil is introducing in their sets, we can have a reasonable hope that they will build a robust vintage PM line to appease collectors...

I think that these changes are probably a good sign for that... they don't have to worry about not including collectors wishes in the new lines if they are planning to reissue the stuff we want...

If I was operating the business from a business perspective and not as a "fan" this is the right call profit wise. Collectors will still collect, but kids will only influence their parents to buy what they like...

By giving the collectors a variety of "Classic Edition" type sets through the PCC they will continue to get that section of the market and most collectors will continue to buy new sets... maybe not all of them... but they will still buy some.

At times we (and I totally include myself here) may blind ourselves to the reality and make hasty statements because we are so passionate about our hobby, but our hobby is toy collecting after all, and toys are made for the young, and young at heart. :) So they will continue to change...

All that aside... I don't like the new faces... if they really want to do that, then why not just give them all faceless heads and issue markers again so we can make our own... or change over to the switchable skeletons in all figures and make a DS pack of "classic" swappable heads? but maybe that is coming... along with swappable skeletons from DS... Oh I truly hope so...  ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2011, 20:36:27 »
Lady Vampire! Finally 4506 has found the love of his life!

Thats right and i think now it's time for a nice flying pet to bring some life to the cold dungeon.

Two dracula-specials without a single, small bat...guys at geobra you can't be serious....  :hissyfit:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2011, 21:57:58 »

Really like the police sets, this car looks like the SKoda Octavia5 its used as a Police car in greece btw !

Maybe the picture is distorted because the catalogue page isn't flat, but if it is meant to resemble the Octavia, it's not a very good resemblance:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Skoda_octavia_czech_police_4503.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2011, 00:22:26 »
So now the police has black uniforms again?
Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic (look at that chopper!!!!  :inlove:), but for pete's sake, doesn't Geobra understand what "uniform" means?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2011, 01:07:03 »
Speak for yourself - no figures here - at least none that I found. And employees have NO IDEA what I'm talking about :(

have you tried Playmobil Iberia (spelling?) ? (that's where you place ds orders from Portugal, don't you?)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Clong

• playmo emt
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2011, 02:07:43 »
So now the police has black uniforms again?
Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic (look at that chopper!!!!  :inlove:), but for pete's sake, doesn't Geobra understand what "uniform" means?

look on the bright side at least almost all of them (except the desk clerk) are in the same uniform. This is a lot better than years pass when one blue clad officer came with one in black.

Offline Peefferr

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2011, 03:14:44 »
Thats right and i think now it's time for a nice flying pet to bring some life to the cold dungeon.

Two dracula-specials without a single, small bat...guys at geobra you can't be serious....  :hissyfit:

It can be their baby-bat!
Time for the proud couple to push a perambulator through mist-shrouded streets!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2011, 08:17:47 »
(...) but for pete's sake, doesn't Geobra understand what "uniform" means?

No.  :(

have you tried Playmobil Iberia (spelling?) ? (that's where you place ds orders from Portugal, don't you?)

Well, I can't even get them to fill my parts order, didn't ask about the surprise figures, and I'm done with series 1. IF they ever appear here in the stores, I MIGHT get another pack or two..