Author Topic: Evolution of bml87’s collection  (Read 46647 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Evolution of bml87’s collection
« on: December 30, 2017, 14:59:46 »
Hi klickies!

I will share in this topic my purchases and how my collection will evoluate from now on. Since I can’t go back in time, I will start this after a busy day... A couple of days ago I ordered some Roncalli and other sets by Galeria Kaufhof, they had an extra 15% discount on all Playmobil during the Christmas weekend. Because of this some sets where almost 50% discounted, a chance I couldn't resist! But, as you might now, Galeria Kaufhof only delivers in Germany, so I had to let them deliver my purchase at one of their shops, the closest one for me was in Aachen. It took me 3 hours by train to get there, so I left the morning at 5:30 am. But believe me, it was totally worth it!

I’m sure this is my favourite purchase of 2017:

The outside of the Café des Artistes is unfortunately not printed, but stickered. The good thing about it: it comes stickered!

The inside with pictures on the wall

The trailer looks really nice! I hope they will produce more sets of Roncalli...

That’s it for today :-)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 15:05:48 by bml87 »
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Evolution of bml87’s collection
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 15:13:50 »
They seem to be great sets in the spirit of Playmobil which seems to be disappearing.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 22:09:34 »
They seem to be great sets in the spirit of Playmobil which seems to be disappearing.

Couldn’t say it better, but I have hope. If the licensed product will sell, I hope they will pay more attention again to the “classic playmobil”, as what happened with Lego.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:33:20 »
Couldn’t say it better, but I have hope. If the licensed product will sell, I hope they will pay more attention again to the “classic playmobil”, as what happened with Lego.

Don't hold your breath, I'm afraid...But these are great buys!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 10:12:37 »

It took me 3 hours by train to get there, so I left the morning at 5:30 am.

Such dedication! But well worth it, those Roncalli Circus sets are lovely.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 11:24:00 »
Such dedication! But well worth it, those Roncalli Circus sets are lovely.

Well, if I count everything together I saved about 110 euros! My train ticket was 26 euros, so in total I still saved 84 euros! That was worth a 6h (in total) trip! I can’t wait to build my next diorama, but that will be in two or three months I guess. I’m still adding more details to my Western diorama and I’m waiting for the little amount of new Western  klickies that will be released in January and February.

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 17:03:39 »
Today I received my (small) DS order, since I mentioned that the old DS was still online (in Belgium), I didn’t hesitate and ordered the next animals;

The buffalos I’m going to use in a diorama about the native Americans and the cows are for a Alpine / Forrest diorama:

To my own surprise I have the buffalo in two colours now, the more darker one was added in a second hand Zoo I bought 2 years ago. I always thought that the lighter one, was the rare colour:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:31:07 »
I love the buffaloes's faces. They look like they're about to speak.  :indian:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 17:13:47 »
Alright! Today I received another DS order; 3 native Americans and parts I had to order via the after sale service. Normally I will receive the remaining parts of my order on next Monday. So, expect some new pictures for my Western diorama  :lens: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=16454.10

To be clear: I ordered the Western windmill through parts, in total it was about 20 euros, seems a fair price, no? Also the carriage is still available via the parts service (except for the original wheels, so I ordered different ones):

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 11:05:23 »
Today my final parts order arrived, the two walls on the left I ordered on eBay, the other parts via the Playmobil parts service. I can almost finish my ideas for my Western town  ;D I’m still waiting for the DS update on the Benelux website...

And a small purchase from a local shop:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 16:04:47 by bml87 »