Author Topic: Lay off the Militarism  (Read 712 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Lay off the Militarism
« on: March 04, 2024, 20:40:26 »
I don’t see how Playmobil keeps professing  a morality to avoid military sets yet keeps producing these . Go back to supporting your basics

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Lay off the Militarism
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 20:41:27 »

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 20:42:36 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 20:45:06 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 20:45:46 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 20:53:28 »
I just have never seen a police use missiles. Do kids need to be playing with Playmobil in a war ?

Even when you search “Playmobil tactical” on Amazon, guess what the other recommended toys are ? ……..yep ….military

It actually makes more sense to me why they put missiles on pirate ships instead of the old cannons due to toy regulations .

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 10:59:29 »
And what's with the grappling hook? The set is missing something: a T-rex, an alien subway worm, a giant tomato . . . something to justify shooting a grappling hook from a moving armored vehicle.

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 15:30:59 »
The big helo is a nice piece but I agree it has limited play as a militarized police vehicle. I could easily see it as a multi-bed disaster rescue helo, in white with a large red cross... a sea rescue chopper in Finnish or Dutch colors, with a raft you could drop/pick up... or an Africa-themed animal transport in dusty tan and green, w/cages and assorted animals... there are SO many better options than police

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 23:45:19 »
And what's with the grappling hook? The set is missing something: a T-rex, an alien subway worm, a giant tomato . . . something to justify shooting a grappling hook from a moving armored vehicle.
I think the idea is to have the vehicle as part of a hostage situation. The truck stops and the grapple is fired into a cliff, building etc and then the rescue team climb up the rope and stop the bad guys.
Obviously these vehicles could also be used in a strictly rescue capacity where the grapple is fired to quickly help people get to safety by sliding down it. The helicopter could also be an adventure version with scientists, onboard lab in fact it would be nice if playmobil created modular sets. A basic helicopter which can take a small vehicle and then you buy modules for the inside - lab, animal rescue, passenger seating, tactical, to change its carrying type. They do it with shops sometimes, generic shop and then add-ons for florist, pizzeria.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 10:27:27 »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)