Author Topic: Playmo3D Project - a computer based virtual building tool for Playmobil parts  (Read 28997 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Now that Steck is available, this idea is of immediate interest to me as I am wanting to create some railway buildings using Steck.

Many thanks for all the work you and others have put into it.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
 :love: Thank you so much Sir Pleamo for all your hard work with this project. I'm downloading as I'm writing this. I've got some ideas for new buildings in sys x but haven't got the parts yet so this is invaluable to me. I just need to get the hang of building a bit quicker!

:thanks: :)9
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
I've got some ideas for new buildings in sys x but haven't got the parts yet so this is invaluable to me. I just need to get the hang of building a bit quicker!

It will be much easier and faster.  :)

:thanks: :)9 Sir Pleamo
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Superb!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope one day to find  time to start using this, it looks truly amazing and the shown examples are wonderful!!
Ah, soo much constructions one could imagine... :love:
Problem is I've all kinds of other small & big Playmo-projects to finish - or even to get started - before I should endeavour into complex System-X constructions... :-\

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
The magic word:  STECK!

Thank you, Sir Pleamo!  Also many thanks to henri_martini and Juan Carlos Ramirez for joining you in your quest!  This is just the sort of project that I love to see happening and becoming a great success.

I will be PMing you to ask for the password and I hope to renew my efforts to learn SketchUp now that there is even more reason to make that commitment (i.e. STECK!)   :love:
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
I will be PMing you to ask for the password and I hope to renew my efforts to learn SketchUp now that there is even more reason to make that commitment (i.e. STECK!)   :love:

Ditto.

Though..... I'm still waiting for the holes solution...  :P

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
:love: Thank you so much Sir Pleamo for all your hard work with this project. I'm downloading as I'm writing this. I've got some ideas for new buildings in sys x but haven't got the parts yet so this is invaluable to me. I just need to get the hang of building a bit quicker!

:thanks: :)9

Emma, I have the link and a password, but can't seem to get either to work.  I've tried registering first, but that doesn't seem to work either.  Can you help, please?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
I've got the files and regarding the Steck, it doesn't have the double arch stone wall or the full height 4 way connector yet. Also not there is the castle bay window. It does have most of the Western type wooden building parts, except for the train station windows piece. No curved tower walls either, those will be hard to make and I would bet the last thing in Steck to ever get done.

I don't know if they have a working list as far as parts yet to make, or how that may be prioritized. The remaining parts form the 4300 Train Station and 3716 Farm would be the top priorities for me.

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
Hi Playmofire, I've just sent you a help message. let me know how you get on  :wave:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
Emma, I have the link and a password, but can't seem to get either to work.  I've tried registering first, but that doesn't seem to work either.  Can you help, please?
Hi Playmofire, I've just sent you a help message. let me know how you get on  :wave:

Thanks Emma for assisting so quickly! If you still have problems, playmofire, well I guess it is the remixshare-site you have problems with, I do not like these downloading sites but a homepage for the project is in buildup but not finished yet... so sorry! You have to click the link and press the download button... but as I already mentioned, I do not like those pages, you have to wait for 20 sec before the download-button is clickable....

I've got the files and regarding the Steck, it doesn't have the double arch stone wall or the full height 4 way connector yet. Also not there is the castle bay window. It does have most of the Western type wooden building parts, except for the train station windows piece. No curved tower walls either, those will be hard to make and I would bet the last thing in Steck to ever get done.

I don't know if they have a working list as far as parts yet to make, or how that may be prioritized. The remaining parts form the 4300 Train Station and 3716 Farm would be the top priorities for me.

;) Come on, there are so many Steck parts right now, please keep in mind that there were exactly zero in the last version. And no, e.g. the curved tower-parts are really no longer any challenge to model, the only reason why a lot of parts are not included is, because we had to do some cut to release someday, so this is the cut! For sure a lot is in and much more is not, so we are working on that (e.g. the parts in the pics are new since the release, I mean we REALLY work on that!  ;D). BUT (and it's a pity but it is a big BUT), I only can  model what I have in my hands... a lot of parts I do not have, namely most remaining western parts, the dollhouse, etc. Now as we are at least three who work regularly on that issue the more parts are available (I mean three collectors is a lot of parts). In that sense I am really looking forward to get them in my (or our) fingers. So not to tell you too much, but very soon Steck Gables and roofs will be included to finish the framework parts, the double arch, etc.

Yes, there is somehow a working-list but this list is mainly determined by our interest so if there are really "must-haves" please inform us... as I said there is nearly no part that would be in principle impossible to include. This is serious, make it to your project, so what do you need?

btw. Do you think you will benefit by a FAQ-thread for Playmo3D, with maybe some hints, tutorials and so on? Just give me a signal about that.