Author Topic: no trains this year....  (Read 3612 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
no trains this year....
« on: March 21, 2011, 15:04:35 »
i wonder why the train theme is removed this year?  ??? doesen't sell ?? i think it's the first time that there is no train  theme available
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: no trains this year....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 15:18:54 »
That's really sad! It's like a tradition is disappearing! :'(
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 15:19:49 »
We in the US have not had any trains for at least a year now. The parts are still there such as the wheels and couplers but I have to wonder how long even those will be available. I really hope playmobil does not scrap this theme altogether and they are only taking a break from it.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 15:22:39 »
Me too!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 15:25:53 »
Being more on the expensive side of PM, they probably don't sell very well.
And if it doesn't sell well, to the axing block it goes.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 15:28:57 »
Being more on the expensive side of PM, they probably don't sell very well.
And if it doesn't sell well, to the axing block it goes.

true they are very expensive for parents i remember the first 1980 steam train in a toy store in 2000  20 years no one bought it....
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 15:31:08 »

true they are very expensive for parents i remember the first 1980 steam train in a toy store in 2000  20 years no one bought it....

Well I would, so it is being able to reach the right customer at the right time, ahh welcome to the internet  :yippee:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 16:11:19 »
Perhaps children are not very interested in trains like we are interested in... I mean lets face it, people drive their own cars now, or they need to get somewhere quickly they get a plane... I may be wrong...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 16:13:06 »
I've never even seen a passenger train in my life, except airport shuttles and ride trains at zoos or theme parks, and not that many freight trains. At least in the area I live, it isn't something kids can relate to anymore.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 16:14:52 »
Bonnie is right

to me it seems they're dissapearing - i hope to be wrong though, i love trains (i have 3 myself :))
but they're pricey indeed and it seems PM is making less expensive sets everyday (and themes with fewer sets than in the past decade)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: