Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 28644 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 23:30:45 »
Not wanting to tread on any ideas that you or Gordon may already have, but at one end, you could have the oldy worldy Steck train station, and a farm set up, and a general countryside theme, and then the other you could have a more town like setup, with modern station, shops, buildings etc. I dont know how you would fit a docks/trainyard in though :-\

I am aware from repetedly being told that I have no concept of space though :P

Damo - do you have any of the old TV cameras?  I ask becuase this could be something to develop for a display at the Knaresorough Exhibition.

Mark

Sorry Mark, I haven't

Damo :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 23:35:53 »
I have a couple of those cameras - actually one arrived today.  I have bids on some more so  :crossed: hope I get them.
I like Damo's idea of farm/countryside at one end and town at the other.  That could bring in trees and animals which we haven't done before.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 23:40:17 »
That could bring in trees and animals which we haven't done before.

I'd like to set up a fox hunting scene :-[

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 00:33:23 »
A fox hunt would be cooool!

Sorry to butt in. :-[
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 10:57:14 »
Hi everyone
I looked at my plan again and realised that I had got one of the dimensions wrong - the middle section was shown 12ft wide rather than the 16ft it should be.  This would give us a large rural section on the lower level  - with a beach and narrow band of sea (for holiday-makers-bathers, boats etc.)  See new plan attached

I like Damo's suggestion of one end of the railway being a town (quite modern) and the other a village (older style buildings).  I have suggested large areas of 8x8 at each end to allow for elements in addition to the railway tracks.  (We only had 8x8 for the whole railway last year.)

I am okay for a fox hunting scene so long as we add hunt demostrators too!

This leads me to start a check list of what we need:
Railway track and trains
Station buildings
Town buildings - shops, houses
Village buildings - old houses
Farm
Holiday stuff
Trees
Fences
Fox hunt

Any more suggestions?

Mark

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 11:00:38 »
I was in Ripon the other week and met up with Hazel of the Knowledge Magnet toy shop. She is keen to come again in February.  She will bring a range of Playmobil concentrating on pocket money priced items.

Mark

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 11:11:56 »
I have a couple of those cameras - actually one arrived today.  I have bids on some more so  :crossed: hope I get them.

Elaine

I was thinking that we could have a go at a film lot with a film being shot - we could discuss what sort of film it might be - I was thinking of "Robin Hood" - the archery contest scene.  We could use camera on scaffolding and even a crane.  (I have a "Catapult Castle" -no depth - that could be part of the back scene.)  I can rework some of my jousting display from last year.

This could be done on a 8x4.

We will need - cameras, lighting (?), trailers, portaloos, crew, "actors and extras", Crane - anything else?

Mark

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 17:11:18 »
Hi everyone
I looked at my plan again and realised that I had got one of the dimensions wrong - the middle section was shown 12ft wide rather than the 16ft it should be.  This would give us a large rural section on the lower level  - with a beach and narrow band of sea (for holiday-makers-bathers, boats etc.)  See new plan attached

I like Damo's suggestion of one end of the railway being a town (quite modern) and the other a village (older style buildings).  I have suggested large areas of 8x8 at each end to allow for elements in addition to the railway tracks.  (We only had 8x8 for the whole railway last year.)

I am okay for a fox hunting scene so long as we add hunt demostrators too!

This leads me to start a check list of what we need:
Railway track and trains
Station buildings
Town buildings - shops, houses
Village buildings - old houses
Farm
Holiday stuff
Trees
Fences
Fox hunt

Any more suggestions?

Mark

I can do the stations. I am currently making a massive railway passenger terminus out of 4302 - Main Station and the smaller ones, to make a station with 3 platforms.

I have the farm mega set, so can do all that, along with associated items. I also have a large amount of ELC fences and hedges, which look really good in a countryside theme. I also have the old train station, and a few Steck houses (Elaine has as well, but maybe using the construction parts for Hogwarts :-\)

If you wanted to create a railyard/docks, I have a gantry crane and dockyard crane (But I still havent got the ship though)

I pressume Gordon will be in charge of the trains. I have plenty of spare RC track that I could code with a coloured dot sticker on the underside if Gordon runs out etc. (but I'm sure he is well equipped ;))

I'm trying to think what else I've got. I haven't got many buildings, but I am getting the doctors clinic for Christmas, and I have also got the post office and bakery buildings (If you already have a bakery then I have either the bank or florist set that could go in it instead)

I have lots of vehicles and accessories as well

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 18:05:18 by flatcat »

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 18:20:28 »
Damo

We'll need to discuss rail and station requirements with Gordon but this soundslike a good contribution.

It sounds like we can make a great goods yard.  The gantry crane would be great. (Hope we have room for a town too.)

The farm mega set would be ideal for the rural area - I was hoping someone would have one of these.  We can start listing buildings.  I have good number and it makes sense to use them - less far to travel.

I will put together a specification of the displays I am thinking of an we can use this as a basis for contributing sets.

Mark

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 21:42:18 »
Thanks for the revised plan, Mark.  I thought you had just narrowed the central section to make the plan more compact.

The layout of the railway needs to be finalised first as it contains fixed items, i.e. minimum length piece of track and set radius of curves.  The space for buildings and sidings is fairly limited - you don't get a lot in a given space with G gauge.  I shall sort out some scale plans in the coming week.  I was thinking of it being a small branch line rather than a mainline sort of layout, btw.

I would like to have some custom Steck based buildings in which I'm planning, e.g. a signal box, a station hall based on the old station but more compact, and I'm looking into incorporating some LGB track into the layout with an uncoupling unit in.   I also have two modern, large stations and one of the small ones available.

I'll be bringing along two RC steam locos to use.

Don't forget that there is also an alternative layout (an end-to-end sytem) with a timetable for trains which I am looking at.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”