Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012  (Read 28643 times)

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:38 »
Following on from the success of last year's exhibition, plans are beginning for a second exhibition of Playmobil at the Scout Hut of 1st Knaresborough Scouts, Wetherby Road, Knaresborough.  This will take place on the weekend of the 18th & 19th February 2012.

As with last year I am looking for collectors who would be interested in taking part and displaying a part of their collection.

I am looking to do different displays to last year.  Initially I am looking at including the following displays:

Hogwarts & Hogsmeade - Elaine (Skypurr) 16ft x 4ft

A coastal railway (with small town and farm etc.) - Gordon (Playmofire) with others contributing. 32ft by 4ft  (This will be able to incorporate a range of buildings both modern and period.

Gulliver's Travels (using knights, castle etc.  This would be based on the excellent display by Macgyver) - Damon (Flatcat) and myself 12ft x 8ft

Pirates - Myself (Playmofirth) 16ft x 4ft

Underwater Exploration - Playmofirth 6ft x 3ft

Space - Playmofirth 8ft x 4ft Elaine & myself

I would also be interested in other ideas people may have.

Playmofirth

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 12:30:36 »
Pleased to hear from you with a definite date Mark, I've been buying more steck to make Hogwarts bigger, then worried I might not need it   :-[  (can there ever be a time when I wouldn't need more steck?  :lol:)  Space is all sorted and ready to put together.
Other ideas could be safari - Damo's diorama at Kirkbean was very good and I have a couple of safari stations now too. Jungle/dinosaurs - I could bring them if someone could set them up - I think setting up Hogwarts and space will take up all of my time.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 12:32:48 »
Oh how I would love to visit  :love: :love:
The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart.  ~Mencius, Book IV

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 14:36:10 »
Oh how I would love to visit

Why not?  I know its a bit of a trek up the A1 (and the rest) but it could be done.  Knaresborough (and York, nearby) are well worth a visit.  Check out the photos from last year at www.flickr.com/groups/1601887@N24/

Mark

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 14:52:01 »
AND a plane trip..

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 17:07:15 »
Great to hear from you, Mark! :wave:

I am happy to help out with any displays if things are needed, if a whole display from me isn't required. (I can't think what I could do)

The Safari is an option, but after examining a large Schleich safari diorama, I realised my Kirkbean display needed lots of varied, undulating terrain, which is why mine looked a little odd, and more like a zoo car park where the animals had escaped!

So that probably wouldn't be an option as the board could not be pre maid by myself, and trying to do it when I get there would be taking the emphasis away from the Playmobil, spending the evenings creating terrain, if you understand me.

Here's my idea for a display (please say if it's stupid - it's just an idea!)

One table size, with plain white top and backdrop

and then in small groups, some of the very first Playmobil/Playpeople sets: Knights, Builders and their truck, Indians etc, and to pad out perhaps move on to the early firemen etc.

It's probably not something you are interested in, but it would fill a gap if you got despirate.

Damo :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 18:51:14 »
Here's my idea for a display (please say if it's stupid - it's just an idea!)

One table size, with plain white top and backdrop

and then in small groups, some of the very first Playmobil/Playpeople sets: Knights, Builders and their truck, Indians etc, and to pad out perhaps move on to the early firemen etc.

It's probably not something you are interested in, but it would fill a gap if you got despirate.

I think it would be a very interesting display to any playmofan...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 19:27:55 »
Nice to hear you guys are going to do the event again.

You might think about a Then and Now set up Damo. Show a scene made with old figures and accessories, and then right next to it the same scene made with recent ones. Car accidents are always popular - lets you get in police, fire and civilian figures all together. There's quite a difference between the old first cars and current ones.

Related, one of the most popular bits to the train layout shows that have been done by Glazz here is a car accident where the car has gone off the edge of the table and is laying crashed on the floor below, with Klicky fire crews having to rappel down to the victims

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 20:09:33 »
Related, one of the most popular bits to the train layout shows that have been done by Glazz here is a car accident where the car has gone off the edge of the table and is laying crashed on the floor below, with Klicky fire crews having to rappel down to the victims

Aw, that sounds really cute!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 21:41:34 »
It's funny though because you get parents coming by who are only half paying attention and they pick it up and put the car back on the table.