Author Topic: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?  (Read 20165 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 15:52:08 »
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyone is welcome, as long as they can explain what makes their army modern, and their weapons are crazy, not scary!

I've been working on a city map, I need advice, though. I did one version that just is like a downtown area, showing a river running through, one main road which has a bridge spanning the river, and then lots of roads drawn in, quite varied, some laid out like city blocks, some more major streets, some winding lanes, open areas, etc. Then I made another version, working off that same map, but throwing in a couple of lakes, a neighborhood with waterfront property, wooded areas, etc, so there would be some interest to it. I'll post both and let everyone see what they think, should it have some fixed landmarks to work off of, or should I leave it plain and let people put in landmarks if they want them? Or do you not like it at all and think I should do something different? I'm open to suggestions.

The plain version:

The landmarked version:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 16:52:07 »
I like the second version best... it mose diverse and offers more possibiliteis for fun... a group of policemen cornered at one shore of the lae as the elephants are behind them and the flamingos or hippos are going to attack them if they get in the lake...  :lol: you could also place a square, a couple of monumets etc...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2011, 17:07:44 »
Yes, and I thought the river could be a nice barrier, good for someone to be able to defend their position against advancing armies, that is, until the army of alligators is called in.... and also the wooded area to the east might give some interesting possibilities. The square is a good idea.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 17:09:54 »
...and a bridge over the river, and different armies trying to get controll of the bridge!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 17:20:09 »
Right, I made it just one bridge on purpose. I thought that would make things a lot more interesting!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 17:38:42 »
... the clouds of WAR!!! are forming in this thread/map. King Iseroth's descendant lives in this city and will most certainly participate in this WAR!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 17:46:13 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As long as King Iseroth's decendant doesn't take things too seriously.  ;) So what kind of army is he leading into this 'war"?

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 18:53:33 »
Hopefully, King Iseroth's descendent is a peace loving, but short tempered, ice cream seller  :lol: :lol:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 18:59:55 »
what names are participants adopting in this 'war'? ??? I know you guys use 'sir...' for the medieval stuff, but here?
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 19:02:05 »
Maybe street gang names? I'll call my policemen ''the blue boys'' or ''the smurfs''!!  ;D