Author Topic: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?  (Read 20048 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: A Modern "War" How Are We Going to Do It?
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 20:42:05 »
 ??? why does it have to be a war?  ???
Maybe some other pacific, world helping event could be cooler?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 20:43:30 »
Well..... it could be, but it seems to be a pretty war hungry crowd here!  :lol: We could have humanitarian armies.  ;)

What do you have in mind? I'm open to ideas.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 20:45:00 »
Well..... it could be, but it seems to be a pretty war hungry crowd here!  :lol: We could have humanitarian armies.  ;)

What do you have in mind? I'm open to ideas.

well I would be part of the blue hats army...or what ever it is called in english.  0)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 20:53:29 »
I am thinking it might be fun to have a Holiday Host army. Rabbit people, elves and Santa Clauses, ghosts and skeletons from Halloween etc.

A Dinosaur Army would be good too.

Oh!
For this I volunteer my Phantom of the Opera,
and his magic lasso! ;D
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 20:54:23 »
well I would be part of the blue hats army...or what ever it is called in english.  0)
I don't know what that is.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 20:55:32 »
Oh!
For this I volunteer my Phantom of the Opera,
and his magic lasso! ;D

You could do costumed stage actors for an army.  ;)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 20:55:51 »
Aaaaaargh, it's starting to go over my head already  8}

Plenty of advice and suggestions there.  

This is my idea, but I have a feeling it can't work.  We could have a comedy "war" within a zoo  (which could be turned into some sort of theme park depending on what buildings we all have ie we could add restaurants, a playground, other amenities, perhaps neigbouring houses).  

I'm thinking Laurel & Hardy type stuff - comedy fights bases on misunderstandings.  For example a monkey throws poo and it hits a policeman, he turns to arrest the person behind him who points at the monkey and says "it wasn't me, it was him". The policeman sees someone walking by who sees the first person accusing him (rather than the monkey behind) and clonks them with his "weapon", a fight ensues and all sorts of mayhem breaks out all over the zoo based on similar misunderstandings.

Please tell me, someone, the flaws in this idea (and there will be many).

We could do this in a completely and utterly spontaneous way along the lines of the Word Association thread.  Choose our characters and props, and stick with them until we run out of ideas and keep them handy, along with a camera and then someone can post a photo with a caption, a story or some dialogue, and then someone else can "respond" and build a story like that? It will of course be slow moving as we won't all be able to respond particularly quickly if photos need to be uploaded (particularly for those people who fear Photobucket and its ilk) but it could turn out really well in time. If everyone knows who's got what, we could almost set up a photo for someone to respond to (if they are quick enough!).  Just one of many passing random thoughts.

My ideas are building here for who I'm going to use and what they are going to do. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME TO SWITCH OFF MY BRAIN, SWITCH OFF MY COMPUTER and start packing the contents of my office into boxes as it needs to be empty by Tuesday morrning.  Remind me that if I don't do it, it can't be turned into my PlaymoPlayroom.

PS Can I  muster a small platoon of highly trained guinea pigs to trip people up, please?!

PPS Those mutant bunnies were going to be my secret weapon

PPPS  The blue hats army is probably the United Nations Peacekeeping Force

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 21:01:34 »
This is a good idea, and could be very funny! but enough people would have to be really enthusiastic about it to make it work. The guinea pigs would be awesome!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 21:03:23 »

You mean the UN peacekeeping forces, the ''Blue Helmets''?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 21:06:51 »
Your peace-keeping forces, Gaston, could keep showing up trying to stop all of our fighting, with little success, of course. ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 21:18:08 by bonniebeth »