Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY?  (Read 28177 times)

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
Re: WHERE ARE THEY?
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2008, 17:10:53 »
Just reread the whole thread

I wanted to thank all who contributed

learned a lot , it is nice to read who everybody deals with the question

all the best

Michael
Macgayver
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2008, 17:51:09 »
For a while now I have been pondering what, if anything, to say in this thread.  I guess the key point I want to make is that people do come back, sometimes.  In my own case, I was very active on another site until it became intolerable there.  Playmofriends was founded and I was a member here from the very beginning.  Then I drifted away for a variety of reasons - my kids were older and no longer played with Playmobil, I became busy with other things, I had some some lingering bad feelings from the other Playmobil forum, and such.  I still looked in occasionally here and the other place just to see what was going on and to catch a glimpse of old friends.  Then I decided to start posting again, though much less frequently than before. 

I learned a lot from reading this thread - thank you, Richard, for the history lesson!  There was a lot of information that I did not know before.   :)  Also, I agree with you completely on this point: 

. . . However, Sylvia's Playmofriends is by far the BEST ...  ;)

U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 15:39:34 »
I've got another theory!:

All absent members get girlfriends! (weddings, children ...), and don't tell them how important playmobil is to them! ... ::)

Oops ... Better talk with this new girl as soon as possible! :-\

8}
 :lol:

:hmm:

:P

:love:
 :wave:
though much less frequently than before. 

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2008, 00:54:12 »
i think some of the members can also get boyfriends, gus. :P

well... i am back after a short pause, not because i got a new girlfriend (i still have the same one) but because a lot of work demanded my attention. :hmm:
i hope now i will have a few more time for this forum again.
i am still missing a photo of me riding my motorbike to give to sylvia and some of my new (i am so happy) 3550 pirate ship.
that will have to wait though - my camera had a close encounter with some stairs and lost its lens.
i am waiting to find the time to get a new one.
at lest i found the time to come back here....
:love:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 11:41:36 »
& WHERE ARE WE?

I thought about opening a thread, for this, but, well, this one exists, and if they think it interesting, they'll set this appart themselves, because I don't have enough time this week ...

HELLO PLAYMOFRIENDS!

I'll be away the whole week, this week. Where I'm going to travel, maybe seldom will I have access to internet. Hope to be back safe, the other week.

So, I won't drop by ev'ry day ... :-\
Take care of the place!, while I'm absent ;) hehe!

See you!

Yours

Gus
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2008, 14:09:20 »

well... i am back after a short pause, not because i got a new girlfriend (i still have the same one) but because a lot of work demanded my attention. :hmm:
i hope now i will have a few more time for this forum again.

Too bad we aren't all billionaires, who live only for playmorelax! ... :lol:

i think some of the members can also get boyfriends, gus. :P

No doubt o' that!

By the way,
I'm back!

See you around.

Gus
Gus

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 13:02:47 »
This is a cool topic! Things change, and people change, and their interests change, so frequent turnover of participants is to be expected.

This is an interesting question, and we probably will never know all the reasons for the turnover. So it boils down to just enjoying a chatroom about PM with whomever is available.

Most of us have many different interests within PM, so we tend to follow the threads that relate to those topics. Hopefully there will be enough threads to keep our interest.

We are lucky to have such a cool forum, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 15:17:32 »
if administrator of forums where able to apply their "law" to everybody on the same way , i will still contribute . There's too many politics and private interest in the forums .It's a too little community ....
When you're attack in public and you cannot answer because it's from "friends" administrator , sure you stop to contribute . (no need to say more to Richard .... )
Lot of collectors are still "alive" but prefer to do that quietly at home !!   

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2011, 15:02:14 »
After a couple of years, I guess I can conclude there's no rule at all. All cases happen. Personal ones, "political" ones, random ones ...

One thing interesting to note is that the new people + a few old people who remain are what seem to help the places to be alive, if they don't eventually die for management problems.
Gus