Author Topic: 4251 Magic Castle Kitchen Review  (Read 7426 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: 4251 Magic Castle Kitchen Review
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 16:38:24 »
thanks for the review westly  ;)

Great review Wesley! Never managed to get hold of this set but I was able to get two of the recent add-ons from the DS catalaogues... the female klikcy is pretty...
I found these palace to be not so impressive as the 3019 palace...But still, these are nicely done and beautiful sets!

it's not at all like 3019 i have it i regret buing it suddently  :-\
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 17:06:21 »
sounds to me that the squishy torrets are cheaper to make. maybe they needed to reduce costs?

they look cheap btw, sorry. :-[ a plastic shiny torret Im sure would look better.

i don't think the hard plastic turrets were replaced by the rubber ones to cut down on production costs - like some have previosuly mentioned, I would say it's more like a new prevention/safety measure, which is good I think (although not that good for us collectors, but the main target of toys are KIDS - we have to deal with that lol)

good review wesley, thanks - I too love the oven, and the tiles inside
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 17:50:51 »
Are you buying them off ebay or new? Because like someone mentioned, it could be an extra safety standard for the lawsuit-happy US.

Got the one with the soft turrets from our Local add site...could be from the US but I doubt it...the hard ones were straight from the box into my daughters hands :-) I'll make sure and check when back home Thursday night!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 01:42:43 »
thank you W.Myers!! ...for helping me find this 'samurai skirt' (on your kitchen maid)...its pattern & colour combination is really perfect...I'll have to have one (but waste the rest of her parts...maybe will have to donate the rest of her for our medical students  ;D)

I was thinking of starting a thread to ask/share our despair/frustration with most klickies having unprinted backs and here's another good example? (am I right to guess that the skirt is only printed on the front?)  :hmm:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 01:46:12 »

I was thinking of starting a thread to ask/share our despair/frustration with most klickies having unprinted backs and here's another good example? (am I right to guess that the skirt is only printed on the front?)  :hmm:

This drives me crazy, for sure! Even the kids' overalls are printed only on the front!  ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 07:50:24 »
thank you W.Myers!! ...for helping me find this 'samurai skirt' (on your kitchen maid)...its pattern & colour combination is really perfect...I'll have to have one (but waste the rest of her parts...maybe will have to donate the rest of her for our medical students  ;D)

Yes, the figure is only printed on the front.  I was going to take a picture of the back, but since there was nothing special I didn't bother...

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 14:43:00 »
This is a great set. The kitchen contents look great with steck!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 00:08:42 »
Hi

Thanks for a great review of a neat little add on

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 00:25:39 »
This is a great set. The kitchen contents look great with steck!

I agree!  ;) This kitchen set is in the downstairs of our tavern

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!