Author Topic: Scooby Ghosts  (Read 7127 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Scooby Ghosts
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 23:54:30 »
Some very useful parts with that caretaker.  8-)
But quite silly they printed a vest on the front of his torso instead of giving him an existing (short) jacket  ::)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 23:57:25 »
My local WalMart just sold out of its first case; I should confess that I bought 14 from that case. I bought the last 4 today & snagged the empty display box as well. I now have 11 of the 12 figures. There are 3 more WalMarts within a half hour of me....

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:58 »
Thank you for all the great work :)

I am not familiar with the characters, but from what you have shown so far, they are quite accurate...

(and indeed some useful parts - since they have no meaning as characters here, they are all "free" to change..)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 20:20:24 »
The pics are not so good, due to lighting, but I'm sick today & don't feel like fighting with life.  ::)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 17:56:01 »
Once again Belgium and France come through with the official word on some parts that are included in the packs.

https://www.playmobil.be/on/demandware.store/Sites-BE-Site/default/Product-GetSpareParts?pid=70288
https://www.playmobil.fr/piece-des-detachees?pid=70288

I've made them sub-parts of the appropriate figure, all except the dog collar? And guessed at some others - I'll change them if I find out they're wrong. I've snooped through eBay to find which sticker for the ghost-filecard goes with which, but I don't like to steal pictures from there - if anyone has any they haven't stuck on yet (so I can see the partnumber) I'd appreciate having photos of them. Also looking for front-and-back scans of the big stickers, which remain, unlabelled, in the main set itself.

70288 - SCOOBY-DOO! Mystery Figures (Series 1)

All the subparts I have so far can be seen in the text-only list.

Also haven't seen the plans for Scooby Doo Van and Ghost sets 70286, 70287 ! Anyone have them? They might not be online till May.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 18:14:22 »
Heather,

This is the instruction sheet for The Movie display stand which I just snagged; it has a parts number, to my surprise. It's 2-sided - are you interested? I could copy the sheet for you. The number is 3068 1482/01.19

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 18:18:19 »
Yes, I'd love to have the scan - email to playmodb@gmail.com is best, and I will check the mail until I get it. I guess it doesn't have a set to go in, but can stand by itself. It's my opinion that EVERYTHING, every body part, every bit of promo paper, has a part number - some are just easier to find out than others!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 18:28:54 »
OK. Will let you know when it's sent.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 17:55:34 »
The Space Kook. Too bad it doesn't glow red like the original.

It should be quite easy to fit a red LED and a battery into that backpack. I won't be getting these until May to try it, however...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 17:58:55 »
I've been watching the original Scooby cartoons from 1969 (on YouTube).... In the cartoons all of the "ghosts" are villains in disguise, & the PM Figures are the same. Underneath each ghost outfit is a regular-looking clicky; however, the clickies look like the villains-in-disguise from the cartoons! A good example of this is found in the Scooby & Shaggy set, which features the flowing white-robe kind of ghost. In the original cartoon, the villain is revealed to be a Spanish-looking man with a curly mustache; the clicky is the same. Pretty neat!

I'll post pics of some of the Figures alongside screenshots of their cartoon counterparts tomorrow.

I have just opened the Scooby Doo Figures (BLTN!) and I was wondering if you or anyone has come up with any more comparison pictures showing the PM versions and the HB cartoon originals, like you did for the Space Kook and the ghost from the Scooby and Shaggy set? I used an episode list on Wikipedia to come up with what I think are the 12 episodes whose villains are featured in the Figures. Shall I post my list and see if it agrees with what other people found?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)