Author Topic: 1974 klickies ?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline lisaastrup

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • I love to play and collect
    • Astrup Art
1974 klickies ?
« on: June 13, 2019, 18:58:22 »
hi.

I’m not so much into the price on old 1974 klickies, only the figures, I don’t think I have the
small parts like tools and so, any tips or advice ? They are the ones with hands that dont
rotate.
kind regards
Lisa Astrup

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: 1974 klickies ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 20:24:14 »
I believe that unless they are those "pastel" ones or the REALLY ANCIENT ones they do not get high prices... most are pretty common, imo.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 21:51:46 »
Would also depend on condition such as loose frames or discolouration.

The klickies by themselves aren't worth much but often the accessories that came with them are interesting. I have a bag of a 100+ of the fixed wrist type somewhere, leftovers from auctions where I was after parts or other figures. The ones with a flat sole and just a b on them are rare though how popular that makes them I have no idea.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 06:33:08 »
I'm not sure what you are asking, Lisa.

The old klickies with fixed wrists were around from 1974 to the early 1980s when they were gradually phased out. 320,000,000 were produced by 1981, so there are still plenty around today! Apart from the very early ones, they all had the date '1974' on their right foot. More information here.

There are some very useful pictures of the contents of early sets on Klickywelt.de here (though you need to register on the site to view) and here.

Plenty of small parts are still available, especially from German sellers. Also many are on offer here in the UK, where they were marketed by the British subsidiary of Marx toys, under the name Playpeople. If there is anything specific you want, let me know, I have quite a lot of old klickies and parts.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline lisaastrup

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • I love to play and collect
    • Astrup Art
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 19:12:43 »
Would also depend on condition such as loose frames or discolouration.

The klickies by themselves aren't worth much but often the accessories that came with them are interesting. I have a bag of a 100+ of the fixed wrist type somewhere, leftovers from auctions where I was after parts or other figures. The ones with a flat sole and just a b on them are rare though how popular that makes them I have no idea.

flat sole, are there other types ? sorry, there is so much I don’t know.
kind regards
Lisa Astrup