Author Topic: 6811 gamekeeper's house  (Read 3157 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 6811 gamekeeper's house
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 21:35:28 »
This is the pheasant I'm familiar with as we had one that came to the door to be fed for four years, would an answer to a whistle and tap on the window if there was no food out or there wasn't enough food.

https://www.tradebit.com/usr/stock-photos/pub/9002/1490944.jpg
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 21:54:31 »
We don't have any pheasants this far south. Do the ones up there look like this?

It depends on the lighting in which you see them.  A lot of times they look more green, but if the light is hitting them just right they do look blue as well.  They have gorgeous feathers (which is why they were hunted to near extinction at one point) 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 22:35:21 »
We have pheasant (introduced) and great blue heron here, so it's possible. The heron in the other set is a European variety though, the grey heron

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 22:41:37 »
The heron in the other set is a European variety though, the grey heron

Ok, that makes more sense, because the new deer looks like a fallow deer  to me, which is European. And I suppose what I consider to be an elk could be a European red deer which is almost identical. I was puzzled by the seeming mix of animals from different continents.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 22:45:40 »
It depends on the lighting in which you see them.  A lot of times they look more green, but if the light is hitting them just right they do look blue as well.

But that is my point - "A lot of times they look more green but if the light is hitting them just right they do look blue as well" , green is the more usual colour for the neck so it should be green.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 00:28:43 »
green is the more usual colour for the neck so it should be green.

I agree that it should have been green, but we know Playmobil doesn't like to go with the realistic colors of a lot of animals (snakes, reindeer, new alligators, etc)
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:33 »
I just realised this is a very grim theme.

I mean there's the bambi set, and a set with a forestman who has a deer's head decorating his house. That vile fiend seems likely to be the hunter who shot Bambi's mom.  :0
Sure he fakes an innocent smile and lives there with his family, but in the meanwhile..  ;)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 16:19:23 »
Naah he just takes care of the forest. That deer's head was probably from an old one that died of natural causes  8-)

It's nothing like that one set from the nineties with a hunter, a gun and a hunting cabin surrounded by little forest critters  ;D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 19:23:36 »
I actually think they have done a pretty good job of being ambiguous with the various forest sets the last few years. They do the same with the Africa sets too. Are those guys in the boat with the otters some sort of poachers, or are they from the animal rescue squad there to release healed otters into the wild? All up to the kids, as it should be.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 22:14:45 »
Well as kids we always send the knights hunting in the forest. Usually with humiliating results like returning with just a rabbit, a small bird or even a fish and rarely with a deer, a boar or anything worth bragging about. Pretty sure one even returned with his own dog after it kept annoying him and actually preventing him from catching anything good instead of helping. We already had a bit of dark humor as children, though neither me or my sister ever had a fondness for animals. Nothing against them either, more indifferent I suppose.