Author Topic: 5574 luxury villa (+ guest room extention 5586 and pool 5575)  (Read 11974 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Well, it's been a long month of september, but look at what just arrived in the post today:  :woohoo:

I've been looking forward to this house for a long time. It's something completely different, but it does fit in with the hotel theme.
This is a review of the house itself, and I'll add some pictures with the guest room extention and 'infinity' pool in place.

I hadn't noticed this picture before (it's on the side of the box), but it explains a lot: that flat screen thing is not a tv, it's a painting with a hidden safe! I'll have to use that in the hotel suite too...

There is a little bit of furniture for the house, which I like.

I haven't got the right batteries in the house to try the bell. I wonder what it will sound like.

The base plate is huge - a bit of a storage problem.

So we meet again, pile of red connectors...  :no:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: 5574 luxury villa (+ guest room extention 5586 and pool 5575)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 14:35:10 »

It looks pretty neat, right?

I really like the stairway. It's plain white (so very useful for other buildings too) and the little landing looks good.

One thing I don't understand is why this left wall isn't even long enough. That is disappointing.
But there seem to be less holes, and I'm very, very grateful for that  8-)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 14:36:30 »

What an adorable 'painting'! It sure beats the hotel art  :lol:

The painting turns anti-clockwise, which opens the lock. Not much room in the safe, though.

The happy owners of this Californian dream home. I can't say I like them (the hair! the pink shoes!). I think Patrick and Sonia will have to kick them out  ;D

I like the laptop and the flower pots, and the chairs. And there's two more of those glasses clickies can hold in their hands. Yeay!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 14:47:31 »
I was very curious to see how this would look with the extensions, as suggested on the box itself.

It is gigantic.

It looks good, and there's plenty of room for furniture. I'm not too sure about the stairway leading straight into the bathroom. I tried to work around that by using the white and green landing piece (as a sort of wall). It has no use if you add the extention.

And I'm wondering how the guest room will work, now the size is cut in half. Furniture and separate bathroom-wise  :eh?:

I'm pretty happy with this set  :)  Although it has less walls and roof pieces than ever, I like the lay-out, the design and the space.

It cost €99,99 at the Playmobil website, which I think is the standard price for a Playmobil house, thereabout.
It becomes very expensive if you add the guest room and the pool though. And that is with a very limited number of furniture pieces...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 15:46:11 »
Very nice, thanks for the great review. Considering what it comes with it would be great as the basis of a zoo administration building or clinic.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 16:58:10 »
While I probably won't get this set (too big, plus don't really need it!), I really love a lot of the elements. I think the style of it is an interesting update on the modern house theme. I do find that green to be rather an unattractive shade, and wish they'd gone with a blue or grey.

The table and chairs are really nice! Also that painting/safe is very neat. I'm a big fan of the swimming pool extension, and look forward to getting it when it's released here.

Thanks for the pictures and review!  :)

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 17:26:45 »
It looks great!! Thanks for the review Birdie! Your pictures are very nice!!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 19:04:43 »
Thanks for the review! Nice to finally really see it, if you know what I mean. Playmobil's stock pictures have a way of leaving you with a lot of questions about the actual product. It's very nice indeed. I probably won't be getting it because it's so huge and I don't really need it, but I'll get all the other sets in the theme. I love the new furniture options. And the organic pool.

I think the reason for that shorter wall is so it doesn't interfere once you add the extension, but it seems they could have come up with a better solution to that problem.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 20:53:50 »
Looks good plenty of space there and I like the modern sleek design. The painiting and safe is an interesting feature nice artwork as you say, I like the laptop, glasses and those plants as well.         

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 21:11:16 »
Great review and pictures.  Thanks for showing it with the guest room and bath additions.  In your estimation, are there possibilities for expansion with an additional guest room and bath set? 
I agree with Tim that it would make an ideal administration building, clinic or office building. 

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway