Author Topic: Direct Service items - 6321 Western ranch and 7179 Rocks  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Direct Service items - 6321 Western ranch and 7179 Rocks
« on: January 17, 2014, 15:03:54 »
Hi everyone!  :wave:

On Wednesday I had an exam on American Literature and it went great, so I decided I could place a huge DS order (with all the new items added to the catalogue recently). And since I've been reading John Smith's diary, "The Last of the Mohicans", "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" and such, I got totally into Western again  :)

Here's a review of the 6321 Western ranch (Snake River) and the 7179 pile of rocks.

The package arrived today, which is super quick. I was all excited!

Here's all the pieces. I never had the original 3805 Snake River ranch, nor the 3768 Silver Ranch, so I was surprised by a few items:

- There's no back to the building:

- There is only one fence inside, and it's light brown (I'm used to the 3716 farm which has a similar lay-out, but two orange fences inside).

- The left outside wall is different too:

- You get a lot of nice tools with this set:

- The fence is 'loose', you can't click the logs in place. That's fun, because clickies can be assembling it. And it's a curse, because you cannot move the fence without the logs falling out. But it looks great, I think.

- I like the sign!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Direct Service items - 6321 Western ranch and 7179 Rocks
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 15:12:27 »
And these are the (much discussed) rocks  ;D

You're never quite sure how 'huge' the pile of rocks will look like in real life. I'm a teensy bit underwhelmed, but I'm glad I got the set. It will come in very useful at € 19,99.

I'm really happy with these two. The ranch seems a bit expensive for not having clickies, animals or full walls (€ 39,99), but it's such a lovely set!  :love:

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 18:55:49 »
Very nice sets. I love the western building. The fence looks really cool.  :love:
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Pippa

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:06:34 »
Nice.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:57 »
Wonderful sets and I love that fence!!! :love:
Many thanks for the pictures.

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 17:49:08 »
Its great to have the ranch parts available again . The rocks are nice and we use lots of them but as one of five re-release's, no cursing allowed  :-X

Thanks for the reviews
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 17:50:54 »
I remember that it seems that for 1 year they sold the fence as an add-on.  Never saw it again.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 20:15:30 »
Great review! I'd never looked at those rocks enough to notice how they go together.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 23:04:51 »
The ranch looks great, definatly a must for anyone that collects western. Seems like a good item to have more than one of even.

Think I'll get the rocks due to their versatility in building landscapes.. I do plan to do more with my pirates, and some rocks will come in handy there. Probably good background filler for forests too.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 21:13:06 »
Looks like a decent sized building no doubt could be a useful base for a lot of settups, I like the look of the fence and that Klicky in the floppy hat setting up cute  :cowboy: