Author Topic: Novelties / New catalogue (1st half 2022) available  (Read 14561 times)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: Novelties / New catalogue (1st half 2022) available
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2021, 19:25:45 »
Am I the only one who thinks those D*O*C* children’s faces are weird/creepy?

Does anybody have any news about the new Playmobil Plus (Direct Service) sets of 2022?
I’m also curious…

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 20:05:16 »
Am I the only one who thinks those D*O*C* children’s faces are weird/creepy?
I’m also curious…

Nope. VERY creepy.

I wanted to see that duck...  :-[

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2021, 06:51:20 »
Someone on Amclicks made the comparison- obvious if you see enough children's TV- between Duck On Call and Paw Patrol, a very weak and formulaic offering, imo!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2021, 07:31:15 »
Does anyone in Playmobil know where they are going and why?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2021, 08:15:57 »

Doubt it. They also don't seem to have any idea where they are coming from... :(

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 12:09:31 »
Doubt it. They also don't seem to have any idea where they are coming from... :(

Completely true.And saddening.
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2021, 09:10:46 »

They are currently going wherever their excel files take them. The company is now run by people from the trades, it's all about numbers and recreating things that brought success to competitors before. Brand authenticity is carelessly sacrificed in the process.

The people who dare to ask "why" end up sidelined, in burnout or have already left.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2021, 09:17:07 »
They are currently going wherever their excel files take them. The company is now run by people from the trades, it's all about numbers and recreating things that brought success to competitors before. Brand authenticity is carelessly sacrificed in the process.

The people who dare to ask "why" end up sidelined, in burnout or have already left.

That sounds very sad, though I have no doubt you speak the truth, collectobart, from personal experience!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2021, 09:35:26 »
We have been down in Norfolk for a few days and called in at Jarrold's in Norwich.  They are a traditional department store and have a large toy department.  At first, I thought they no longer stocked Playmobil but eventually found it.  It was a big display but none of the familiar Playmobil boxes, all highly coloured  and very cluttered box designs with the Playmobil name lost in them.

If you have a logo and colour scheme everyone recognises, why change it!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2021, 10:24:38 »
If you have a logo and colour scheme everyone recognises, why change it!

Because expensive consultancy firms are paid to tell them how to do everything differently, without any notion of the brand. And the new management itself has little notion so you end up in chaos.

Yesterday i saw the new Dino Rise Rock set in the toy store, from the box it is impossible to tell what you are actually buying. The Dark Grey Base sinks into the dark background and only the dino and a figure pop out. Perhaps its a printing error that made things worse, but this would not have left the factory only a few years ago.