General > News

New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022

<< < (22/34) > >>

Janilew:
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Woe is me to be caught between two extremes, born in a prickly Playmobil predicament! I'm an old soul at heart and really appreciate the traditional model as Playmobil much like Hadoque. BUUUUUUUUUUUT on the other hand, the newer sets, including the licensed ones, offer so many opportunities and parts to mingle with. I'm caught between two great extremes: the good old-fashioned way, and the intriguing new ones!

Anywho, I like the houses and that glorious round table! I wonder what the chances are of them making to the US as Asterix is more well off outside of it, much like Heidi.

Tiermann:
I posted a question about it to the Playmobil Instagram post about if the series was coming to the US. I got a noncommittal response. That probably means the account poster didn't know, but at least it wasn't a definite no. If you see anything from them on social media about the theme ask if it's coming to the USA. If they see that enough they may bring it like the Greek Gods theme, as a web exclusive add on even if they don't sell it to the retailers.

Adam16bit:
FWIW I'm the Playmobil buyer where I work (US web retailer) and we haven't gotten the 2022 price list yet.  I've been informed of a few items (some you know, some you don't) and this wasn't mentioned either way yet.  With Heidi they were pretty straightforward about Americans not wanting it so I look forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Macruran:
Heidi is the best license theme because it doesn't look like a license theme at all. I would have snapped it up... :sorrow:

Tiermann:
While they may say they don't think Americans want a theme, what they really mean is that they don't think Americans will buy the theme in sufficient quantities to make up for the cost of the additional licensing fees for bringing it to this market. That makes sense. Greek Gods worked because it's not really licensed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version