General > Playmo Research Dept.

Help with a sprue

(1/4) > >>

GrahamB:
I bought this sprue of tools recently.

It came with six tools still attached, but I added in the axe (which fits perfectly) and the shovel (which doesn't fit  :()

In this view you can see why the shovel doesn't really fit.

The reason I thought it must be a shovel that is missing is because eight grey tools are often found together in early PM sets and that eight includes a shovel.

The sprue is not flat at the point where I have put the shovel, but has a piece much higher than the plane which most of the other tools lie in, as well as a large space to the right of where I put the shovel. (I dont think the sprue is significantly distorted and none of the shovels I have seem to have sprue attachment points in the right places.

So, any other sugestions as to what the missing tool might be? (It's not the handles and frame of a wheelbarrow, I tried that)?

tahra:
uhm.. probably not the scythe either, right?

Or that funnel/horn thing?

Tiermann:
Yeah I think the scythe, with the blade down inside the sprue maybe?

GrahamB:
The scythe is a good suggestion, but it doesn't fit my sprue and I'm pretty sure it never came in that shade of grey. I'm wondering about something like part of a vehicle, a storage box for a fire engine perhaps? The tools would fit with that.

playmofire:
No really fire engine tools, Graham, more construction or farming and I can't recall a fire engine with a grey toolbox on a sprue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version